
New Aaron Judge Injury Update Given By Aaron Boone as Yankees Star Progresses From Rib Issue
New York Yankees fans got a positive update on their star on Tuesday.
Aaron Judge, who has been sidelined since May with a rib injury, will begin his hitting progression this week, manager Aaron Boone said.
The update comes after Boone said that he expects Judge to be back at some point this year, adding that he is able to play catch.
"Just part of the ramp-up to baseball activity," BooneĀ told reportersĀ over the weekend. "Hopefully he'll continue to progress through this week. We'll see what else gets introduced. ... We expect him back, but we're in the early stages of baseball activity."
Judge last played on May 31 and landed on the injured list after testsĀ showed a stress fractureĀ in one of his ribs. While the Yankees initially estimated he'd be back on the field in four to six weeks, but its now been months.
Judge hadn't exactly been playing his best baseball before the injury, as he had a .248/.375/.533 slash line along with 17 home runs and 38 RBI in 59 games. If he's able to return this year, the Yankees hope to get him back into his MVP form.
Along with the update on Judge, Boone offered some insight into where the team is with Max Fried. The reliever was placed on the 15-day injured list with a bone bruise in his pitching elbow, but Boone described it as a precautionary measure.
"We just kind of collectively decided it's probably best to make sure we get this calmed down," heĀ told reporters. "Hopefully, keep it a smaller issue, which is the hope."
Fried also missed two months earlier this season with the same injury.
New York has battled injuries throughout the season but is still sitting in second place in the AL East at 69-55 and currently is 8.5 games ahead in the wild-card race with just over a month remaining in the regular season.





.jpg?w=2560)
.jpg?w=2560)


.jpg?w=2560)



.jpg?w=2560)
.jpg?w=2560)