
Steve Cohen 'Not Worried' About Juan Soto's Slow Start After $765M Mets Contract
Juan Soto agreed to a record 15-year, $765 million contract with the New York Mets this offseason, but the star hasn't exactly lived up to the lofty expectations that came with the deal so far.
Despite a slow start to the year, Mets owner Steve Cohen said he's not concerned with Soto's production.
"I'm not worried about Juan," Cohen said, per SNY's Danny Abriano. "He's singularly focused on baseball. He's a pure hitter. Let's have this discussion at the end of the year."
TOP NEWS

Report: MLB Vet Unretires After 1 Day

Livvy Dunne Explains Trending Reaction 🤣
.jpg)
Ranking Every Team's Farm System 📊
Through 29 games, Soto has hit just three home runs, 12 RBI and has a .257 batting average and .787 OPS. Those numbers follow a career year for Soto in which he hit 41 homers, 109 RBI and had a .288 average and .989 OPS with the New York Yankees.
While his numbers aren't quite cause for concern just yet, Soto will need to start finding more production soon to remind fans why the Mets gave him a historic deal.
He's shown some signs of life recently, picking up two hits and a double on Sunday before doing the same on Monday in a 19-5 win over the Washington Nationals. He'll look to use those two performances as momentum heading into a series against the Arizona Diamondbacks this week.






.jpg)

.png)

