
DeMarcus Lawrence Posts Farewell to Cowboys After Viral Comments, Seahawks Contract
DeMarcus Lawrence posted a farewell message to the Dallas Cowboys on social media after joining the Seattle Seahawks in free agency and making polarizing comments regarding his former team.
"I never truly believed that the day would come when I would go and sign with another team," Lawrence said as part of the statement on Saturday. "We had always hoped that my family and I would get to finish our careers as Cowboys. Sadly, it just wasn't meant to be."
TOP NEWS
.jpg)
Offseason Moves for Every Team 👉
.jpg)
2025 Draft Picks Ready For Leap 🐸

Jaguars' Hypothetical Alvin Kamara Trade Offer
The defensive end previously told Hawk Blogger's Brian Nemhauser that Dallas was his home, but added that "for sure I'm not going to win a Super Bowl there."
Lawrence's comments elicited a response from former Cowboys teammate Micah Parsons on social media, with the pair briefly going back and forth.
The Seahawks signed Lawrence to a three-year contract worth a maximum value of $42 million, according to ESPN's Adam Schefter. The deal also contains $18 million guaranteed.
Dallas selected Lawrence with a second-round pick in the 2014 NFL draft and the 32-year-old spent the first 11 years of his career with the team. He quickly blossomed into a steady contributor on the Cowboys' defensive line, earning four Pro Bowl nods.
Lawrence made the playoffs six times in Dallas, but the team never advanced beyond the divisional round.
Now, he'll be joining a Seahawks team that also has postseason aspirations after undergoing several changes. Seattle signed quarterback Sam Darnold to a three-year, $100.5 million contract on Monday and added veteran wide receiver Cooper Kupp on a three-year deal worth $45 million on Friday.
While Lawrence's comments regarding Dallas' Super Bowl contention weren't taken kindly by his former teammate, he expressed his gratitude for his overall tenure with the Cowboys on Saturday.
.jpg)
.jpg)






.png)

