
Triple H Hypes Travis Scott in WWE amid Rumors of Cody Rhodes Injury During Cena Turn
WWE head of creative Triple H is doubling down on rapper Travis Scott's involvement in the storyline featuring WWE champion Cody Rhodes, The Rock and newly minted villain John Cena.
Speaking Friday at the Sloan Sports Analytics Conference (h/t Steve Carrier of Ringside News), Triple H said: "We have Travis Scott in the middle of a storyline right now that will get bigger as we head into WrestleMania, and coming out of it."
At Elimination Chamber last weekend, Cena won the men's Elimination Chamber match to earn a title bout against Rhodes at WrestleMania 41.
Following Cena's victory, Rhodes made his way to the ring, followed by The Rock, who was accompanied by Scott.
The Final Boss was there to get Cody's answer regarding whether he would sell his soul and agree to operate under the guidance and command of The Rock.
Rhodes refused to comply, as he turned The Rock down, which elicited a huge pop from the crowd. Cena embraced Rhodes as well, but that was merely the start of one of the most shocking moments in WWE history.
At The Rock's behest, Cena attacked Cody, cementing one of the biggest heel turns of all time. The Rock and Scott also got some shots in on Rhodes, resulting in The American Nightmare leaving Toronto with a nasty black eye.
Dave Meltzer of Wrestling Observer Radio (h/t WrestlePurists) reported that it is believed Scott gave Rhodes the black eye, as well as a busted eardrum.
Meltzer (h/t Randall Ortman of Cageside Seats) subsequently reported that Scott "got all kinds of heat backstage" for injuring Cody, with some believing he "shouldn't have been out there nor put in that position in the first place," due to his lack of wrestling experience.
Scott's status as a pro wrestling fledgling may soon come to an end, though, as WWE is reportedly working toward having the rapper wrestler match or perhaps even multiple matches.
After The Rock said following Elimination Chamber that Scott wrestling could be in the cards, Fightful Select (h/t Carrier) reported that Scott had already been doing some pro wrestling training, and discussions had taken place regarding him having matches in WWE.
Triple H's comments suggest Scott will continue to be part of the build toward Rhodes vs. Cena at WrestleMania 41, which could set the stage for his eventual foray into in-ring competition.
Listen to Ring Rust Radio for all of the hot wrestling topics. Catch the latest episode in the player below.


.jpg)





.png)

.jpg)

