
Trevor Lawrence Dismisses Steelers Rumors, Cites No-Trade Clause in Jaguars Contract
Jacksonville Jaguars quarterback Trevor Lawrence shot down a recent rumor that the Pittsburgh Steelers were working on a trade for him.
The 25-year-old said during an appearance on Monday's episode of Up & Adams that he controls his own destiny thanks to the no-trade clause in his contract, and he has no intentions of leaving Jacksonville.
"I have a no-trade clause in my contract, so I would know about it if I was getting traded or if that was something that was going to happen," Lawrence said (h/t RJ Kraft of The Athletic). "I would have to be on board with it, which Iโm not. Iโm happy here in Jacksonville. We want to win a Super Bowl here and I think we can do that. I donโt want to leave Jacksonville, so Iโm happy here. Not going to Pittsburgh."
TOP NEWS
.jpg)
Offseason Moves for Every Team ๐
.jpg)
2025 Draft Picks Ready For Leap ๐ธ

Jaguars' Hypothetical Alvin Kamara Trade Offer
Ryan Burrย of Big Ten Network reported earlier this month that the Steelers had contacted the Jaguars about a potential trade for Lawrence. However, a source from Jacksonville told ESPN'sย Michael DiRoccoย there'sย "no chance"ย the team would trade the star signal-caller and called the notion "ridiculous."
To make things even more definitive,ย Mike Florioย of Pro Football Talk reported that "a source with direct knowledge of the situation" said that the Steelers "did not call the Jaguars about Lawrence."
Lawrence also said onย Up & Adamsย that new Jacksonville head coach Liam Coen reached out to him after the rumor was floated to assure him that the team was committed to him.
"Liam texted me the day after it came out and said, โI shouldnโt have to even say this but itโs not coming from us.โ I was like, โYeah, I figured. Weโre all good.โ He didnโt have to even send that. There was no doubt on my side," Lawrence said.
It was less than a year ago that Lawrence signed a five-year contract extension with the Jaguars. He was limited to 10 games in 2024 due to a shoulder injury and a concussion, and Jacksonville finished the year with a 4-13 record. Coen will be Lawrence's third head coach in his five-year career.
It sounds like Lawrence is focused on continuing to build something with the Jaguars, so the Steelers rumors can surely be put to bed.
.jpg)
.jpg)






.png)

