
Chris Bosh Illness: Updates on Heat Star's Recovery from Blood Clots
Miami Heat star Chris Bosh was forced to miss the latter stages of the 2014-15 NBA season due to blood clots in his lungs. Now he's back on the court as he attempts to make a full recovery.
Continue for updates.
Bosh 'Looks Good'
Wednesday, June 3
Bleacher Report's Jared Zwerling provided Bosh's workout schedule, in which he'll spend three days per week in Miami until July, and then head to Los Angeles to continue his workouts. Zwerling also noted that the focus of the training was conditioning and strength training. Trainer Ed Downs said that Bosh "looks good," according to Zwerling.
On June 2, Ira Winderman of the South Florida Sun Sentinel reported Bosh is taking part in non-contact drills only.
The Heat are obviously still going to take it slow given the nature of the injury and the fact there are still more than four months until next season gets underway. There's no reason to push Bosh beyond making incremental progress at this stage.
That said, the update is promising after a scary period when the illness was first diagnosed. Now it just comes down to checking all the necessary boxes before he's cleared for game action next season.
The 10-time All-Star was having a strong campaign before the health woes popped up earlier in the year. He was averaging 21.1 points and seven rebounds in 44 games. Assuming he suffers no setbacks, he'll once again take on a prominent role for the Heat next season.
So far, it sounds like everything is moving in a positive direction, which is great news both personally and professionally for Bosh.









