There has been a Jack Tabb recruiting update from Sam Webb at the Detroit News. Rich Rod just did an in home with Jack last week: "It was definitely good to have him here," Tabb said regarding the Wolverines' head man. "He stayed for a good long time. He talked again about how they need me and how they'd use me in their offense."
Jake and his Mom visited Ann Arbor in November and really enjoyed their experience. Jack was thinking about making a decision this week but is going to hold off until after the holidays. If I had to guess it is because he wants to see what happens with RR job situation.
It's interesting to see RR and staff recruit TE's in this class. When RR came to Michigan he really didn't use Tight Ends but with the talent Michigan had at that position he has found a nice place for them in his offense. Let's hope Jack makes a decision to Go Blue in the new year.
- Michigan Players are probably heading home for Christmas and will jump on the charter flight on the 26th to head down to Jacksonville. Some of players will meet the Wolverines in Florida. The Wolverines will be practicing at Jacksonville University during the week.
- Alabama says there is nothing to see here - regarding the story about them putting thousands of dollars into Dr. Phillips field and locker room. Ok, I get that but I'm pretty sure Ha'sean Clinton-Dix was quoted as saying he was going to take in an Alabama practice while they are at his school, which would be a recruiting violation. So I guess the "gray area" is what happens if Ha'sean and Dee stop by and watch but weren't invited or they don't speak to anyone.
- 2012 CB from Washington DC, Kenny Crawley has a Michigan offer.
- Jim's brother John (head coach of the Baltimore Ravens), thinks Jimmy is focused on the Orange Bowl, having a baby and wants to stay at Stanford.
- Is Michigan's next coach on TV tonight? I highly doubt it. But Brady Hoke and his San Diego State squad takes the field/pool against Navy tonight. The reason I say "pool" is because due to high rains in San Diego the field and parking lot are flooded. They expect the game to go ahead as planned tonight.
- This site thinks Tony Gibson is over paid at $231,000 a year since he coaches the special teams and the Michigan secondary. Both units are ranked very low nationally. I tell you one thing, the guy can recruit!
- Darian Cooper, DT will wait to see what happens before he seriously considers Michigan or dropping them from his list.
- Michigan Basketball plays Bryant tonight on the BTN at 6:00. This win will increase the Wolverines record to 10-2 with it's only two loses coming in a bad weekend in New Jersey. This will be the last game before the Wolverines start their Big Ten season. When the holidays are behind us, please go to the games and support this young exciting team.
I really don't want to touch the Ohio State Tattoo thing; Kansas State basketball was caught with something similar. At big programs these things happen all the time.
It really does.
So take it for what it's worth. On a side note, stretching and having QC staffers coach is a worth 3 years of probation. As they say on ESPN's NFL Countdown: Come On, Man!
I also don't want to touch the Rex Ryan feet thing but there aren't any truth to the reports/rumors that he is interested in signing former Michigan linebacker Larry Foote.