Did anybody else see last nights game ending the way it did, heck even playing out the way it did?
It started off in a classy fashion as QB Donovan McNabb received a standing ovation from Philadelphia fans as he was introduced as a member of the Washington Redskins and it was all down hill from there.
During the pregame huddle you could hear McNabb tell his players to make the Eagles pay for stepping onto their own field and guess what, the Eagles paid big time and are now in a state of flat out disarray!
The Eagles got the ball first and it was at that point, right at the start of the game, that I began to think we could be headed for trouble as CB Ellis Hobbs nearly got his head ripped off on the opening kick off. From there it was a series of three and outs by the Eagles.
Meanwhile, the Redskins took an early 14-0 lead after running the ball down the Eagles throats on the Redskins first drive, and then launched the ball to TE Chris Cooley who was tapped on his back before he ran into the end zone.
After that the only thing that really got the crowd on their feet was when QB Michael Vick was taken out of the game with a rib injury and will have a MRI later today according to reports.
And so it begins ladies and gentlemen!
Vick was on his way to winning over the Philadelphia crowd, even those who can't stand the things from his past were starting to cave in to Vick the athlete—if he could pull out a win vs. the Redskins, well that would've sealed the deal.
He was making it clear as day that HE is the better QB in Philly and that Reid was brilliant in his move to name him the starter.
You've just drained any confidence out of QB Kevin Kolb and you (chuckling to myself) actually expect him to come back in just weeks later and take down the juggernaut McNabb? Andy Reid, you have lost your mind!
Notice that last part wasn't a question, it was a flat out statement.
Sure, what choice did he have but to put Kolb in there, what was he going to do use rookie Mike Kafka?
Nope, we're right back to No. 4 leading the way and if he starts to win beginning next week against the San Fransisco 49ers, who are 0-4, then what?
I'll paint the picture for you: Andy Reid will sit in front of the media again and say Michael Vick is our guy, he is the starting QB for the Philadelphia Eagles when he returns right—of course he will.
Will I believe a word he says, NOPE!
See, what Reid has done in a very little time is he has drained the trust that I once had for him into nothing more than just words to fill the media's brain, and while he might believe his own dribble, I truly feel that fans are starting to question everything he does.
The Eagles are in fact out to sea right now and they have no captain to steer them in the right direction. None of us should expect Kolb to do it, at least whole hearted anyways. In fact, he might just be trying to display his talents for another team.
It all depends on what is going on in Kevin's head right now but if it where me in there, I know there would be a huge feeling of resentment!
Questions from the game:
1. What was that BS at the end of the first half? You know when the Eagles had the ball on the Redskins one yard line, then the dipsh!t ref moved the ball back, only to call a delay of game on the Birds after they wanted an explanation—oh it potentially cost the Eagles six points, AWESOME!
2. Is it me or does this defense SUCK at tackling? It's like they took lessons from Asante Samuel this off-season. Sure they'll make a nice tackle here and there, but when Ryan "Who" Terrain runs over basically everyone—back to the basics McDermott!
3. Why was Max Jean Gilles starting at right guard over Reggie Wells? That boggles my brain!
4. Jason Peters SUCKS: Ok that was more of a statement wasn't it?
5. How about that play calling yesterday? I feel extreme pity for RB LeSean McCoy and hopes he had full rights to the hot tub after the game because the Eagles choose to beat him up.
6. How about Owen Schmidt? This kid is getting it done for sure!