Vincent Jackson's Options: Seattle Seahawks or Bust
It seems at this point and time the Chargers have put their foot down on Vincent Jackson's temper tantrum of wanting more money. Jason Cole of Yahoo Sports has verified that Neil Schwartz and Jonathan Feinsod (Jackson's agents) have been told that no other teams are interested in Jackson at this time, therefore no other written notices will be given to any other teams except the Seahawks.
Neil knows of at least three or four teams that have shown interest because they called him since last Tuesday. He told them he could not negotiate until they received a written notice, and to talk to the Chargers front office before negotiating anything with him.
TOP NEWS
.jpg)
Colts Release Kenny Moore

Projecting Every NFL Team's Starting Lineup 🔮

Rookie WRs Who Will Outplay Their Draft Value 📈
So far, the Chargers front office is denying everything Jackson's agents are saying, and to turn it up a notch they have put Jackson on a "roster exempt list."
This means even if he were to report to the team, he could miss an additional three to six weeks on top of his three-game suspension, making only $583,000 because of the June 15 deadline where he refused to sign a new contract because he felt he was worth more than $3.268 million being offered.
What does this mean for Jackson? Well, he is definitely between a rock and a hard place isn't he?
Does this mean that the Seahawks should pursue this drama or should they back off because they have enough receivers already? If I were the Seahawks, I would fly in like a vulture and offer him $15 million for three years and wheel and deal some drafts to the San Diego front office, not so much for next year's draft but maybe 2012 as well?
The third round pick we got back for our last (Jackson DE) from Detroit in this year's draft, and a second round draft for 2012 would be a great trade! And if they were told to go fly a kite at least they tried to make off like a bandit, no harm no foul in that is there?
For all who think that San Diego would never agree to this, think about one thing. The NFL does not sit still for anyone. Just because you are special today does not mean you are Jack Diddily Squat tomorrow.
Jackson can sit and watch his career become that much more damaged for the whole season, or jump on what ever Seattle has to offer. And the great thing is that San Diego will not have as much hype on him next year because of what they are doing as well. Who is going to give a leg and an arm to a receiver who has been out a year (2011) compared to the leverage they have now in (2010)?
All I have to say is good for the Chargers for putting their foot down! The rest of the league should take notice and do exactly what this franchise is doing based on take-it-or-leave-it attitude. Sure, Jackson may deserve more than the $3.268 million offered, but was is worth losing the $2,685,000? And dealing with everything else rolling along with it?
Another great thing for Jackson, and the Seahawks, on top of making an extra $1,732,000, is Branch will most likely be injured (hopefully not, but just in case) by the time Jackson's three-game suspension would expire and our team would still have enough veteran leaders on offense so we would not miss a beat with our receiving core.

.png)
.jpg)
.jpg)

.jpg)