Manny Pacquiao-Floyd Mayweather Fight Fading, Money Failed To Sign Contract
The biggest boxing fight of the decade between undefeated American boxer Floyd "Money" Mayweather, Jr and Filipino boxing superstar Manny Pacquiao may not happen after all as Floyd Mayweather Jr. failed to sign the contract for the proposed November fight.
Pacquiao's promoter and Top Rank president Bob Arum earlier submitted his fight proposal to Mayweather with a deadline set at 12:00 o'clock last night for the undefeated boxer to affix his signature on the contract.
In his Top Rank website, this announcement appeared:
"The clock is ticking on Mayweather. This is it." says Bob Arum.
The Money Mayweather Countdown Clock is ticking on Top Rank.com. The Final Decision will be made tonight regarding a mega-fight against Manny Pacquiao on Saturday, November 13.
At midnight tonight the clock ticks down. Arum will then have a national media conference call. Arum's call will be available here at midnight pacific, 3am eastern time.
"Fight fans throughout the world can listen to the conference call here on Top Rank.com."
In the conference call, Arum said "Floyd, for whatever reason, didn't want to commit,"
"I've had no negotiations or discussions with any other fighter," Arum said. "This Friday was the end of the exclusivity agreement."
"It's dead when we conclude a deal with an opponent for Manny's fight in November, and then he'll look to do a fight with Floyd next year," Arum said.
In his earlier announcements, Arum said, he will pursue a rematch with Miguel Cotto for Pacquiao's November fight which will be fought in the junior middleweight division.
In the conference call Arum said a deal with either Cotto or Margarito can be made in ten days. Once this is done, the Pacquiao-Mayweather fight this November is dead.
A bout with Margarito would likely be destined for Monterrey, Mexico, because the Tijuana fighter is not licensed to fight in the U.S. after being disciplined by the California State Athletic Commission last year.


.jpg)






