According to the NewYorkMets post on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/NewYorkMets/status/17272109005 , the Mets will begin the series against the Florida Marlins in Puerto Rico with the following lineup:
1. Jose Reyes —SS Reyes has really become hot and is the Reyes we all know and are glad to have on the Mets.
2. Jesus Feliciano —CF Feliciano is returning to his home country, Puerto Rico, during this series. Angel Pagan still is out due to muscle spasms.
3. David Wright —3B Wright has been heating up of late. He hit two home runs in the series against the Twins.
4. Ike Davis —1B Wright and Davis hit back to back home runs yesterday.
5. Jason Bay —LF After Wright and Davis hit back to back home runs, Bay hit a triple; his 1000th career hit. He is only the 10th Canadian to reach that milestone.
6. Jeff Francoeur —RF Francoeur has been streaky all year, but he seems to be coming into a hot streak.
7. Henry Blanco —C This will be his third straight time catching Dickey.
8. Ruben Tejada —2B Tejada got a hit yesterday to extend his hitting streak to 10 games. With that hitting streak, he has tied the longest hitting streak by a rookie this year. Last time a Mets rookie had a 10 game hit streak was Jason Phillips in 2003.
9. R.A. Dickey—SP Dickey came into this year not expected to do much, but he has surprised a lot of people with how well his knuckleball has faired.
Tonight’s pitching matchup:
R.A. Dickey (6-0, 2.33 ERA) will face Ricky Nolasco (6-6 4.92 ERA) of the Marlins.
Notes: The Mets will be trying to win their 8th consecutive series opener. This series will be played in Puerto Rico. The game will start at 7:10pm eastern time and will be broadcast on SNY.
Flushing Baseball Daily reporter, Tyler Moore. Follow Tyler on Twitter, where he'll discuss Mets, and also his posts. If you wish to email him, send an email to Tyler with the subject of Flushing Baseball Daily Mail. Thanks for reading!
- June 28, 2010 -- TWITTER: Mets have a homecoming (0)
- June 28, 2010 -- Mets have a way of winning recently (0)
- April 25, 2010 -- A Look at the Mets, BABIP, and LD Percentage (1)
- June 25, 2010 -- TWITTER: Mets starting series on Wright note, Win 5-2 (0)