WEC 47 Media Call Featuring Brian Bowles, Dominick Cruz, and Reed Harris
In preparation for WEC 47 next Saturday night, the organization held their pre-fight conference call today and featured all four fighters from the card's two featured bouts. In addition, Reed Harris was present and spoke upon the success of next weekend's event which coincides with The Arnold Classic Sports Festival. While tickets are still available for WEC 47, the organization indicated strong ticket sales for the March 6th event and expects a great turnout for the weigh-ins. The trip to Ohio marks the organization's first venture to the "Arnold Classic", which the UFC had filled the prior three years. "Tied in with the Arnolds, we believe we're going to get a strong showing there," Harris said. "So far, tickets are doing well, but there are still tickets available. Harris also said that WEC 48: Aldo vs. Faber, which takes place in April, is experiencing successful pre-sale status as well. The WEC President said the organization is expecting to see new records set by the end of the April card. "I think we could maybe be upward of 15,000 or so. I think it's probably going to be the biggest event we've ever done." As for WEC 47, it features current Bantamweight Champion Brian Bowles making his first title defense against Dominick Cruz. The card also features the return of former 135 lb. champion Miguel "Angel" Torres. Dominick Cruz spoke to BleacherReport about training alongside fellow teammates, whom also have big fights coming up. This includes training with Brandon Vera at high altitude in preparation for the five-round title fight. "It’s been good, moral is high. We’re all training together, and working to get each other through camps. I’ve been traveling to Big Bear and the altitude is a key, and it’s nice having those guys pushing alongside with you," Cruz stated. "It takes about three weeks to get adjusted to the altitude, and I’ve been going up on Fri, Sat, & Sun. So what the altitude does is it helps me to control my breathing, and I feel more mentally strong. I’m definitely prepared, and I could fight 10 rounds if I had to." More information regarding next weekend's WEC 47 fight card and festivities can be found at: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/352064-wec-47-qa-on-march-5-features-urijah-faber-donald-cerrone
"We started pricing them at $25 for the bowl, which is a great seat. That's probably a $200 or $300 seat at UFC. We went in there with the intent to get as many bodies as we could in there," Harris said.


.jpg)







