NFLNBAMLBNHLWNBASoccerGolf
Featured Video
Mbappé's Rollercoaster Season 🎢
LONDON, ENGLAND - DECEMBER 26:  Eden Hazard of Chelsea during the Premier League match between Chelsea and Brighton and Hove Albion at Stamford Bridge on December 26, 2017 in London, England.  (Photo by Clive Rose/Getty Images)
LONDON, ENGLAND - DECEMBER 26: Eden Hazard of Chelsea during the Premier League match between Chelsea and Brighton and Hove Albion at Stamford Bridge on December 26, 2017 in London, England. (Photo by Clive Rose/Getty Images)Clive Rose/Getty Images

Chelsea Transfer News: Antonio Conte Talks Eden Hazard, Thibaut Courtois Rumours

Gill ClarkDec 29, 2017

Chelsea manager Antonio Conte has been talking about the futures of key players Eden Hazard and Thibaut Courtois amid speculation both players could leave for Real Madrid.

Hazard's father, Thierry, has said that his son has rejected a new deal with Chelsea so "he could follow the interest of Real, whom he could he see himself playing for," per Le Soir (h/t Miles Chambers at Goal).

However, Thierry, also said "there is no contact from Real," but the Belgian is clearly keeping his options open, according to Matt Law at the Telegraph:

TOP NEWS

Real Madrid CF v Girona FC - LaLiga EA Sports
Real Betis V Real Madrid - Laliga Ea Sports

Conte has now been asked about Hazard's future and said that any discussion must be kept strictly between the player and the club, per ESPN FC's Liam Twomey:

Hazard has previously said it "would be a dream" to play under Real Madrid coach Zinedine Zidane as "he was my idol," per RTL (h/t Telegraph Sport).

The 26-year-old has shown again this season that he is one of the most skilful and dangerous attacking players in Europe.

Opta show just how good he is in possession:

Chelsea will understandably want to keep him at the club, but it appears that they may face a battle to keep hold of him, particularly if Real Madrid do come calling.

Courtois' future has also been the subject of speculation and Real Madrid have been told by the goalkeeper's representatives that he wants to sign for Los Blancos, according to Guillem Balague at AS.

The Belgian has already turned down a contract extension with Chelsea and Madrid are considering bringing in both Athletic Bilbao's Kepa Arrizabalaga and Courtois.

Chelsea's Belgian goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois lines up his defence during the English Premier League football match between Chelsea and Brighton and Hove Albion at Stamford Bridge in London on December 26, 2017. / AFP PHOTO / Glyn KIRK / RESTRICTED TO EDI

Conte says that he is hopeful Courtois will stay at Stamford Bridge, as he thinks he is one of the world's best, per Miguel Delaney at the Independent.

"Courtois has a contract, also for next season, with the club. With Chelsea," he said. "We are talking about one of the best goalkeepers in the world.

"Me and my staff are proud to have him as goalkeeper, and proud to create this synergy, this link between three fantastic goalkeepers with Thibaut, Willy Caballero and Eduardo. I’m very happy to have these three players. For sure, I hope to have all the players for the next season.

"This is the type of conversation for the agent to have with the club. For sure, if you ask me if I hope Courtois stays, yes for sure. We are talking about a fantastic goalkeeper, a really good guy, and I’m happy to work with him."

Meanwhile, journalist Kristof Terreur has said that Courtois is close to signing a new five-year deal with the Blues:

Both Hazard and Courtois are hugely important players for Chelsea and Conte will feel they simply must keep hold of both men if they are to compete for trophies.

Mbappé's Rollercoaster Season 🎢

TOP NEWS

Real Madrid CF v Girona FC - LaLiga EA Sports
Real Betis V Real Madrid - Laliga Ea Sports
United States v Japan - International Friendly
FIFA World Cup 2026 Venues - New York New Jersey Stadium

TRENDING ON B/R