
Liverpool Transfer News: Latest Rumours on Ruben Neves and Jonas Hector
Liverpool and Chelsea have reportedly already made contact with FC Porto star and Juventus transfer target Ruben Neves, while FC Cologne full-back Jonas Hector is once again being linked with the Reds.
According to Calciomercato's Fabrizio Romano (h/t Daily Star's Lewis Winter), Juventus have been scouting Neves since 2014 and are waiting for the opportune time to launch a big-money offer, but his agent, Jorge Mendes, has already spoken to both Liverpool and Chelsea.
Mendes and Juventus have a great working relationship, but with the two Premier League giants also eyeing the 19-year-old, the Bianconeri might find themselves outmatched.
TOP NEWS

Madrid Fines Players $590K 😲

'Mbappé Out' Petition Gaining Steam 😳

Star-Studded World Cup Ad 🤩
Per the report, Neves has a £36 million release clause, which is steep for such a young player.

The Portugal international is a youth product of the Dragons and quickly rose to fame after making his senior debut in 2014. He captained the team in the UEFA Champions League in 2015 amid plenty of transfer speculation, but the chatter has died down since then.
Neves has only started two matches in the Primeira Liga this season, and Danilo Pereira and Hector Herrera have mostly been running the show in midfield for Porto. New manager Nuno Espirito Santo has opted for experience over youthful talent, choosing to bring Neves along slowly.
It's easy to see why he would rather not rush such a special talent too much:
As a midfield conductor, Neves has exceptional range both with his legs and passing. He's physical enough to hold his own as a traditional holding midfielder but does his best work when he's allowed to dictate the pace of the ball and spread passes all over the pitch.
His two-way ability makes him a versatile and useful asset, as most top playmakers are usually flanked by a more physical player who can mask their defensive limitations―Neves can do both.
The Reds have received plenty of production from their midfield so far this season, but it never hurts adding a young talent like Neves—even if the initial investment is risky. His clause of £36 million is steep for a player who effectively lost his starting position once a new manager came in.
Elsewhere, German outlet Express (h/t Daily Mirror's James Whaling) has once again linked Hector to Liverpool, with Inter Milan now said to be ready to move for the Germany international as well.
The Reds were rumoured to be interested in Hector throughout the summer transfer window, but the defender told Bild he was open to signing a new deal with Cologne (h/t James Gray of the Sunday Express).

The 26-year-old has been with the club since 2010, making his debut for the senior team in 2013. He was a bit of a late bloomer, but by UEFA Euro 2016, he was a regular member of Germany's national team and a respected star seemingly ready for a big move.
Here's a look at some of his highlights:
Inter have been desperately rebuilding their squad for years now, as the Nerazzurri fell off a cliff following their treble-winning year under former manager Jose Mourinho. An experienced star like Hector would be a fantastic addition for the team, but he's unlikely to leave the safety of Cologne for a project in the Italian fashion capital.
Liverpool are better placed to land Hector, but if he was unwilling to move to Anfield during the summer, that likely hasn't changed since then.



.jpg)







