NFLNBANHLMLBWNBARoland-GarrosSoccer
Featured Video
Mbappé's Rollercoaster Season 🎢
MILAN, ITALY - AUGUST 28:  Geoffrey Kondogbia of Internazionale in action during the Seria A match between FC Internazionale and US Citta di Palermo at Stadio Giuseppe Meazza on August 28, 2016 in Milan, Italy.  (Photo by Tullio M. Puglia/Getty Images)
MILAN, ITALY - AUGUST 28: Geoffrey Kondogbia of Internazionale in action during the Seria A match between FC Internazionale and US Citta di Palermo at Stadio Giuseppe Meazza on August 28, 2016 in Milan, Italy. (Photo by Tullio M. Puglia/Getty Images)Tullio M. Puglia/Getty Images

Liverpool Transfer News: Latest Geoffrey Kondogbia, Leonardo Pavoletti Rumours

Tom SunderlandOct 6, 2016

The agent of Inter midfielder Geoffrey Kondogbia has opened up on recent speculation of a move to Liverpool amid reports his client could leave the Italian club. Meanwhile, the Reds have been linked with Genoa striker Leonardo Pavoletti.

Jonathan Maarek represents Inter misfit Kondogbia, and he informed Italian outlet TuttoMercatoWeb (h/t Bruce Archer of the Daily Express) his player is totally focused on all matters at the San Siro at present:

"

Despite the current situation, Geoffrey is relaxed. There are no problems and he is happy at Inter.

Kondogbia is certainly a top level player. He has a lot of quality and is very young, so obviously he has a lot of clubs interested in him.

Can I name them? I will just say that he is not lacking interested clubs.

"

TOP NEWS

Real Madrid CF v Girona FC - LaLiga EA Sports
Real Betis V Real Madrid - Laliga Ea Sports

Kondogbia's season took a turn for the worse last month after manager Frank de Boer withdrew him just 28 minutes into a Serie A clash against Bologna, losing his place in Inter's starting lineup in the weeks since.

The French anchor moved to Italy from AS Monaco last year, and Ball Street noted the Nerazzurri's investment wasn't a minor one as they attempt to make a success out of their signing:

Kondogbia, 23, impressed during a two-year spell on the French Riviera and was one of Sevilla's star players during the 2012-13 campaign before making the initial return to his homeland.

Liverpool would be getting their hands on a central midfielder who has shown plenty of promise early in his career, and Inter legend Javier Zanetti told Radio Anch’io Kondogbia deserves another chance (h/t Calcio Mercato).

Zanetti said: "Kondogbia should not be frozen out. He just didn’t play that game the way Frank [De Boer] wanted. The coach realised that he needed to make changes because the team needed other characteristics and he had no doubts about doing it."

Italian outlet Tuttomercatoweb (h/t the Liverpool Echo's Joe Rimmer) reported Liverpool are also examining Pavoletti, although Gianluca Di Marzio translator David Amoyal recently said the striker could be due a contract extension:

The Reds' recruitment drive would be far smoother if the forward were to stick with his current deal, which is set to expire in the summer of 2019, although Pavoletti's form suggests the Italians will be eager to keep him.

The 27-year-old moved to Genoa from Sassuolo last year and has scored 24 goals in 41 appearances for the Serie A club, and Bleacher Report's Lars Pollmann believes he'll get his chance at the national team soon enough:

Promotion to the Azzurri's ranks would be a gargantuan step for the attacker, but a move to Anfield could also be a big step up after he netted twice in four league appearances so far this season.

Reds manager Jurgen Klopp may struggle to fit Pavoletti into his squad, however, with Daniel Sturridge, Roberto Firmino and Sadio Mane already present, while Divock Origi and Danny Ings are also battling for a first-team spot.

Mbappé's Rollercoaster Season 🎢

TOP NEWS

Real Madrid CF v Girona FC - LaLiga EA Sports
Real Betis V Real Madrid - Laliga Ea Sports
United States v Japan - International Friendly
FIFA World Cup 2026 Venues - New York New Jersey Stadium

TRENDING ON B/R