
Jerry Jones Says Greg Hardy Won't Return to Cowboys Next Season
Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said Friday the team won't entertain the idea of bringing back defensive end Greg Hardy for the 2016 season.
Clarence Hill of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram reported on the personnel decision made by Dallas.
Hardy was found guilty on two counts of domestic violence but ultimately had the charges thrown out in February 2015. After playing only one game for the Carolina Panthers during the 2014 campaign because of his off-field issues, Hardy signed with Dallas and appeared in 12 games last season.
TOP NEWS
.jpg)
Colts Release Kenny Moore

Projecting Every NFL Team's Starting Lineup 🔮

Rookie WRs Who Will Outplay Their Draft Value 📈
Although the 27-year-old was relatively productive with 35 combined tackles and six sacks, he was a consistent source of controversy.
Hardy engaged in a sideline confrontation with Cowboys defensive end Demarcus Lawrence in Week 10 and a Week 7 altercation with special teams coach Rich Bisaccia. The troubled pass-rusher wound up having a meeting with Jones in November to work on his behavior.
Apparently Jones didn't see enough progress from Hardy at the end of last year through now to warrant giving him another chance.
The Cowboys are in need of players like Hardy who can pressure the opposing quarterback, and Jones hasn't been shy about taking risks on players with character concerns in the past. It speaks volumes he won't even consider Hardy as part of Dallas' 2016 plans.
Based on how Hardy conducted himself in 2015, it's unlikely he'll get another shot in the NFL this season unless he shows a drastic change in temperament. He was fortunate to play for the Cowboys, but squandered a shot to establish staying power there in only one season.

.png)
.jpg)
.jpg)

.jpg)