NFLNBANHLMLBWNBARoland-GarrosSoccer
Featured Video
Mbappé's Rollercoaster Season 🎢
Schalke's midfielder Leroy Sane celebrates scoring during the German first division Bundesliga football match FC Schalke 04 v Eintracht Frankfurt in Gelsenkirchen, on September 23, 2015.    AFP PHOTO / PATRIK STOLLARZ  RESTRICTIONS: DURING MATCH TIME: DFL RULES TO LIMIT THE ONLINE USAGE TO 15 PICTURES PER MATCH AND FORBID IMAGE SEQUENCES TO SIMULATE VIDEO.  ==RESTRICTED TO EDITORIAL USE == FOR FURTHER QUERIES PLEASE  CONTACT THE  DFL DIRECTLY AT + 49 69 650050.        (Photo credit should read PATRIK STOLLARZ/AFP/Getty Images)
Schalke's midfielder Leroy Sane celebrates scoring during the German first division Bundesliga football match FC Schalke 04 v Eintracht Frankfurt in Gelsenkirchen, on September 23, 2015. AFP PHOTO / PATRIK STOLLARZ RESTRICTIONS: DURING MATCH TIME: DFL RULES TO LIMIT THE ONLINE USAGE TO 15 PICTURES PER MATCH AND FORBID IMAGE SEQUENCES TO SIMULATE VIDEO. ==RESTRICTED TO EDITORIAL USE == FOR FURTHER QUERIES PLEASE CONTACT THE DFL DIRECTLY AT + 49 69 650050. (Photo credit should read PATRIK STOLLARZ/AFP/Getty Images)PATRIK STOLLARZ/Getty Images

Liverpool Transfer News: Latest on Leroy Sane, Martin Caceres, Top Reds Rumours

Tom SunderlandDec 27, 2015

Liverpool's hopes of signing Schalke starlet Leroy Sane in January have been dashed after his agent ruled out a midseason switch, but the Reds can hold out hope of landing Juventus defender Martin Caceres.

Jurgen Milewski has "officially told" the Merseysiders he doesn't want to discuss Sane's future until the summer, putting a hold on any move for now, according to the Daily Star's Steve Millar.

TOP NEWS

Real Madrid CF v Girona FC - LaLiga EA Sports
Real Betis V Real Madrid - Laliga Ea Sports

Interest in Schalke sensation Sane has unsurprisingly spiked since ex-Borussia Dortmund chief Jurgen Klopp took over at the Anfield helm, and the manager may have contacts to exploit in North Rhine-Westphalia.

The winger has exploded onto the Bundesliga scene in some style, and WhoScored.com recently confirmed his status as one of the best dribblers in the German top flight, second only to Bayer Leverkusen's Karim Bellarabi:

Millar reported Arsenal, Manchester United and Tottenham Hotspur are also interested in Sane, who has four goals and four assists to his name in 17 league appearances this season.

Earlier this week, Milewski told German newspaper Bild that his client was going nowhere, per James Cambridge of the Daily Express"Schalke is the best place Leroy could be. A winter transfer is not an issue. He is very happy at Schalke."

PARIS, FRANCE - NOVEMBER 13:  Leroy Sane of Germany controls the ball during the International Friendly match between France and Germany at the Stade de France on November 13, 2015 in Paris, France.  (Photo by Boris Streubel/Getty Images)

The 19-year-old earned his first senior cap for Germany in November and could be in line to feature for Die Mannschaft at Euro 2016 if he can maintain his current form.

That's one of the other major factors in why a winter move seems so unlikely for Sane, who is enjoying his football at the Veltins-Arena and may not be keen on the thought of moving away from his native land.

Meanwhile, Italian newspaper Tuttosport have claimed Milan and Napoli will pursue Caceres' signature this winter, with the defender's deal at Juve poised to expire next summer (h/t Lorenzo Bettoni of Calcio Mercato).

Tuttosport were recently cited by Uche Amako of the Daily Express as reporting Liverpool to also be in the hunt for his talents.

Uruguay's Martin Caceres celebrates after scoring against Chile during their Russia 2018 FIFA World Cup South American Qualifiers football match, in Montevideo, on November 17, 2015.   AFP PHOTO / PABLO PORCIUNCULA        (Photo credit should read PABLO P

Bettoni's report mentioned the fact that Caceres hasn't featured for the Old Lady since September, when he was involved in a drink-driving incident.

Rather than lose the Uruguay international for nothing next summer, it appears Juventus are prepared to cash in this January and may well be willing to do so for a cut-price figure.

Di Marzio translator David Amoyal confirmed the Serie A giants are ready to offload Caceres, who could be a valuable pickup if Klopp feels he can keep the 28-year-old's discipline in check:

Capable at both centre-back and right-back, Caceres could be the ideal winter recruit, able to offer reinforcements at several defensive positions and for what's likely to be an affordable sum.

More defensive signings could be on the horizon, too, after Di Marzio's Amoyal reported Lazio goalkeeper Federico Marchetti is on the Reds' radar.

ROME, ITALY - DECEMBER 14:  Federico Marchetti of SS Lazio in action during the Serie A match betweeen SS Lazio and UC Sampdoria at Stadio Olimpico on December 14, 2015 in Rome, Italy.  (Photo by Paolo Bruno/Getty Images)

The news emerged amid the Sun's claims Liverpool will extend Simon Mignolet's Anfield contract with a new £60,000-a-week deal, which would presumably rule out the arrival of another stopper (h/t Daily Star's Rhys Turrell).

Mignolet has encountered some criticism as Liverpool's No. 1, but tempting the Eagles to sell their first-choice 'keeper halfway through the campaign is likely to prove a difficult task.

Mbappé's Rollercoaster Season 🎢

TOP NEWS

Real Madrid CF v Girona FC - LaLiga EA Sports
Real Betis V Real Madrid - Laliga Ea Sports
United States v Japan - International Friendly
FIFA World Cup 2026 Venues - New York New Jersey Stadium

TRENDING ON B/R