NFLNBAMLBNHLWNBASoccerGolf
Featured Video
Mbappé's Rollercoaster Season 🎢
ROME, ITALY - NOVEMBER 22:  Antonio Candreva of SS Lazio in action during the Serie A match between SS Lazio and US Citta di Palermo at Stadio Olimpico on November 22, 2015 in Rome, Italy.  (Photo by Paolo Bruno/Getty Images)
ROME, ITALY - NOVEMBER 22: Antonio Candreva of SS Lazio in action during the Serie A match between SS Lazio and US Citta di Palermo at Stadio Olimpico on November 22, 2015 in Rome, Italy. (Photo by Paolo Bruno/Getty Images)Paolo Bruno/Getty Images

Barcelona Transfer News: Antonio Candreva Enquiry Made, Latest Neymar Rumours

Tom SunderlandDec 27, 2015

Barcelona have alerted Lazio to their interest in signing winger Antonio Candreva, but the club will have to pay a massive fee to sign the Italian. Plus, Real Madrid president Florentino Perez is "obsessed" with signing rival star Neymar.

Italian website Cittaceleste.it reported Barcelona international sporting director Ariedo Braida enquired about Candreva's availability. Lazio's reply was that the midfielder will cost his side €35 million (£25.9 million), according to Toni Juanmarti of Spanish daily Sport.

TOP NEWS

Real Madrid CF v Girona FC - LaLiga EA Sports
Real Betis V Real Madrid - Laliga Ea Sports

Brieda is alleged to be a major fan of Candreva due to his versatility, and Juanmarti said the Barca figurehead "loves" the 28-year-old for his work rate, but the fee is likely too much for a winter move.

Italian agent Federico Pastorello was recently quoted by Di Marzio translator David Amoyal and claimed that while a January transfer is unlikely for Candreva, it isn't impossible, with Inter also interested:

The Blaugrana may not have immediate need of the player in any case, considering Arda Turan and Aleix Vidal are ready to provide a boost on Barca's right flank when they finally register for the club on January 1.

Interest in Candreva is sure to have been spiked by his brace in Lazio's recent 2-1 win over Serie A title contenders Inter. BT Sport celebrated his long-range finish in that victory:

Rafinha's anterior cruciate ligament injury earlier this season created some concern regarding depth in midfield, but the arrivals of Turan and Vidal will be a welcome boost for manager Luis Enrique. 

That being said, a summer move for Candreva could be on the cards, at which point Barcelona may be more prepared to splash out funds.

YOKOHAMA, JAPAN - DECEMBER 20:  Neymar of FC Barcelona  during the FIFA Club World Cup Final Match between FC Barcelona and River Plate at International Stadium Yokohama on December 20, 2015 in Yokohama, Japan.  (Photo by Matthew Ashton - AMA/Getty Images

In Madrid, Los Blancos president Perez is reportedly consumed by the idea of making Neymar "the next Luis Figo," according to Joaquim Piera of Sport, and he is in regular contact with the Brazilian's father and agent.

Figo infamously acquired "traitor" status in Catalonia by switching the Camp Nou for the Bernabeu in a £37 million switch—a world-record fee in 2000—and Perez wants Neymar to follow the same path. An extract from the report read:

"

In his desperation to sign the Brazilian, the Madrid chief has invited Neymar's father several times to his house, in El Viso, Madrid. There Florentino is trying to hatch a plot like that which took Luis Figo to the Santiago Bernabeu from the Camp Nou.

The Portuguese winger started Madrid's 'galacticos mania', and the president sees Neymar as the ideal pivot for a new sporting project, which will not feature Cristiano Ronaldo - or Rafa Benitez. 

"

The dynamic between the two Spanish giants is somewhat similar to that of 15 years ago, with the Blaugrana coming off the back of another European and domestic treble, not to mention leading La Liga at present.

Luring Neymar is an audacious, albeit seemingly impossible, transfer to consider, and broadcaster Juan Arango succinctly described the South American's relationship with "MSN" team-mates Lionel Messi and Luis Suarez:

It would undoubtedly require a new world record, too, above the £85 million Real Madrid are reported to have paid Tottenham Hotspur for Gareth Bale's signature in 2013.

ESPN's Dale Johnson highlighted the 23-year-old as one of Europe's in-form playmakers this year, showing Neymar isn't far behind Arsenal talisman Mesut Ozil in chances created this season:

Neymar has excelled once more this season and showed particular maturity during Messi's injury absence earlier in the term, thriving to amass a staggering record of 16 goals and 11 assists in 19 appearances this season.

All is going to plan for Neymar under Enrique, but one can never account for what a player truly wants and whether there might be a certain Real itch the former Santos star is just yearning to scratch. 

Mbappé's Rollercoaster Season 🎢

TOP NEWS

Real Madrid CF v Girona FC - LaLiga EA Sports
Real Betis V Real Madrid - Laliga Ea Sports
United States v Japan - International Friendly
FIFA World Cup 2026 Venues - New York New Jersey Stadium

TRENDING ON B/R