
Chelsea Transfer News: Latest on Romelu Lukaku and Jackson Martinez Rumours
Chelsea have some audacious plans in mind to beef up their attacking options in the new year, with a Romelu Lukaku return being eyed along with a move for Atletico Madrid striker Jackson Martinez.
Lukaku left Stamford Bridge in 2014 after making just 15 senior appearances for Chelsea without scoring a goal, but the Daily Star's Tony Stenson reported the Blues want their man back.

TOP NEWS

Madrid Fines Players $590K 😲

'Mbappé Out' Petition Gaining Steam 😳

Star-Studded World Cup Ad 🤩
It seems like an impossible task for the reigning Premier League champions. Not only are Everton ninth in the Premier League, six places and seven points in front of Chelsea, but Lukaku presumably won't want a return to the outfit who weren't willing to offer him his chance when he was their player previously.
Many blamed axed manager Jose Mourinho for Lukaku's limited Chelsea career, but the Belgian told Paul Joyce of the Daily Express it was completely his own decision to leave England's capital for Merseyside:
"Choices have been made by me. By me. Not by them. Everyone says it is Mourinho's fault, but it is not his fault because I made the decision. I went to his office to ask if I could go.
He was the first one to say, 'Good luck.' When I signed the deal (at Everton) at 11 o'clock, I got a text message on my old BlackBerry saying 'Good luck, do your best and I will see you next season.' He was the first, nobody knows that and that is why for me he gets immense respect. It is really sad he has to go.
"
Interim Chelsea manager Guus Hiddink was overjoyed to see Diego Costa score twice in Saturday's 2-2 draw with Watford, almost doubling his Premier League goal tally for the season, having now struck five in 15 games.
Meanwhile, Lukaku has been in excellent form for the Toffees after netting 13 goals in 18 Premier League appearances, and former Arsenal striker Ian Wright hailed the 22-year-old's quality on BT Sport:
The west Londoners will hope Costa continues to improve under Hiddink, but the former Atletico striker's temper could still create a need for recruitment as he's now set to miss Monday's meeting with Manchester United through suspension.
Chelsea will reportedly look back to the Vicente Calderon this winter as they look to tempt Martinez, another of Diego Simeone's disciples, to the Premier League this winter, according to the Mirror's Steve Stammers.

The Colombia international has made just 10 starts for Los Rojiblancos since completing a £29 million move to Madrid from Porto over the summer, netting only three goals across all competitions.
However, Simeone recently praised his forward suggesting he isn't intent on letting him leave, per the club's official Twitter account:
It seems unlikely Hiddink would spend big money on an out-of-form forward in any case, with Radamel Falcao and Loic Remy likely to get their chances in the team before such an uncertain investment is made this January.



.jpg)







