.jpg?w=2560)
Cowboys 'Not Done Potentially Adding' in Free Agency, Trades After Von Miller Signing, HC Says
After signing veteran edge rusher Von Miller, the Dallas Cowboys are still eyeing additional roster improvements.
Per The Athletic's Jon Machota, Cowboys head coach Brian Schottenheimer said Monday that he expects the team to continue exploring more additions.
"I love our roster," Schottenheimer said. "I really do. I think we're a talented roster. We're way different on paper this year than we were last year. But we're not done. We're not done developing our players. We're not done getting the young guys ready to go. We're not done potentially adding pieces."
Machota noted that Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said at the start of training camp that the team would be open to making a "substantive" move, and he reiterated that stance on Monday.
"Yes, if we had an opportunity, I would be (interested)," Jones said. "It's as much about what I think of where we are, which I'm more positive than when we started camp, seriously, about what our chances are. And so I think if we saw an opportunity to take a little of the future and put it on this team, I'd do it if it would help us."
Miller gives the Cowboys a veteran presence on defense who could still be productive at this stage in his career. Still, Dallas has other holes on defense to address, as Machota noted, "If a notable move is to be made, it's likely at inside linebacker or cornerback."
The Cowboys are hoping to return to playoff contention in 2026, so it will be interesting to see how they tinker with their roster before the regular season starts next month.

.jpg?w=2560)
.jpg?w=2560)
.jpg?w=2560)
.jpg?w=2560)


.jpg?w=2560)

