.jpg)
Justin Fields out for Jets vs. Bucs with Concussion, Tyrod Taylor to Start at QB
New York Jets quarterback Justin Fields has been ruled out for Sunday's game against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers due to a concussion, head coach Aaron Glenn told reporters on Wednesday.
Glenn added that veteran backup quarterback Tyrod Taylor will take over as the team's starter for the time being.
Fields was placed in concussion protocol following the Jets' 30-10 loss to the Buffalo Bills in Week 2, creating uncertainty over his status for Sunday's matchup against the Bucs. Per ESPN's Rich Cimini, Glenn previously said the team would create plans for both Fields and Taylor in preparation for Week 3. Now, the team will focus on getting Taylor ready for his first start since 2023.
TOP NEWS
.jpg)
Colts Release Kenny Moore

Projecting Every NFL Team's Starting Lineup 🔮

Rookie WRs Who Will Outplay Their Draft Value 📈
After a strong showing in New York's season opener, Fields quickly came back down to earth against the Bills. He threw for just 27 yards on 3-of-11 passing and rushed for 49 yards in the loss. It was a far cry from his three-touchdown performance in the team's Week 1 loss to the Pittsburgh Steelers.
The Jets knew there would be growing pains in their first year under Glenn, who is trying to rebuild the culture of a franchise that has missed the playoffs in 14 straight seasons. Fields, who signed a two-year deal with New York in the offseason, is playing in his third different team in the last three years.
Being without Fields is a slight setback, but the Jets should feel comfortable with Taylor stepping in while he's sidelined. The veteran threw a touchdown pass in garbage time against the Bills and is an experienced signal-caller who can steady the ship until Fields is able to return.

.png)
.jpg)
.jpg)

.jpg)