NFL Draft Rumors: Conflicting Reports on Miami Dolphins Picking Ryan Tannehill
In this day and age, it's tough to believe what you hear, see or read anywhere.
Such is the case with the Miami Dolphins and the chances of them drafting Ryan Tannehill with the No. 8 overall pick in the 2012 NFL draft.
On Sunday, Mike Florio of ProFootballTalk.com stated that a league source told him "the man pushing hardest for Tannehill is [Dolphins'] owner Stephen Ross."
Not long after, Armando Salguero of the Miami Herald reported that this wasn't the case at all.
"I have just had an e-mail exhcange with a very, very, very highly placed source within the Dolphins organization. In very colorful language the source tells me the profootballtalk.com report is not true.
"
Salguero wrote that Dolphins general manager Jeff Ireland spoke with the media last week and said he has his mind made up on who he wants to draft. Nobody knows for sure if it's Tannehill, and given the recent conflicting reports, it's still tough to gauge what Miami will do on draft day later this week.
In his Monday Morning QB column, Peter King of Sports Illustrated wrote that he is also hearing that Ross wants Tannehill, further supporting Florio's report.
But King said himself he doesn't know what will happen, which just builds more anticipation for the first round of the draft this Thursday.
Tannehill remains quite the mystery prospect, but it does appear that he will be selected as a high first-round pick. I think that's a major reach on the former Texas A&M quarterback, but stranger things have happened in the draft.
The connection between Miami and Tannehill is certainly one to follow, especially with just a few days until the draft begins.
Keep it tuned to Bleacher Report's NFL draft coverage to stay up to date on all things about the draft, including the Tannehill situation in Miami.
.png)
.jpg)









