
Backstage WWE Rumors: Latest on Rock vs. Reigns, Naomi, and More
The Rock's return Monday night on WWE Raw reignited speculation that a showdown with Roman Reigns may be on the horizon, perhaps as soon as WrestleMania 40 in Philadelphia.
That topic headlines this week's collection of pro wrestling rumors.
Joining it are updates on two potential free-agent additions to the WWE women's division as the company is reportedly in "acquisition mode."
Latest on The Rock vs. Roman Reigns
1 of 3Ears across the wrestling world perked up the moment The Rock asked if he should sit "at the head of the table" Monday night, a clear tease of a long-awaited showdown with Roman Reigns.
Dave Meltzer of Wrestling Observer Radio reported that the entire reason Reigns began calling himself The Tribal Chief and The Head of the Table was to eventually set up a WrestleMania main event against The Great One.
The match was originally slated for Dallas in 2022 and then Los Angeles in 2023, but it never managed to materialize.
Meltzer suggested the contest will happen in Philadelphia in April, but he has yet to confirm.
Regardless of one's thoughts on the bout and whether it should happen, there is no denying it will be an enormous money-maker for WWE. Rock has not wrestled a lengthy, main event-worthy match since 2013 and Reigns is the biggest star in the industry.
The novelty of an in-ring appearance by The Great One, mixed with the Bloodline story and a historic Undisputed WWE Universal Championship run for Reigns is the perfect recipe for a monumental marquee bout.
It's the kind of match WrestleMania was made for and one that WWE will be only too eager to promote if The Rock is onboard.
Naomi Expected to Return to WWE
2 of 3Former WWE Superstar Naomi walked out of the company in May 2022 alongside tag team partner Sasha Banks amid mounting frustration over the use of the women's tag team titles.
Since then, she has debuted in TNA Wrestling under her real name, Trinity, and proceeded to prove herself as an in-ring competitor, winning the Knockouts Championship and successfully defending it against the likes of new All Elite Wrestling acquisition Deonna Purrazzo and future Hall of Famer Mickie James.
Sean Ross Sapp of Fightful Select reported that barring any hang-ups, the impending free agent and two-time SmackDown women's champion is on her way back to WWE.
"One WWE source told Fightful on Tuesday that 'something huge would have to happen for her to not end up back in WWE sooner than later, but this is a crazy free-agent period,'" he wrote.
A return would be major for both the performer and the company. Long overlooked despite steady on-screen appearances, Naomi would presumably have momentum on her side and be in a position to capitalize on the star she has built for herself elsewhere. And don't forget the Bloodline connection with her real-life husband, Jimmy Uso.
The 36-year-old would add depth to the WWE women's division and allow for some fresh matchups with the talent that has been called up to the main roster since she left two years ago.
It is a win-win scenario.
WWE Interested in Former NWA Star
3 of 3Nick Hausman of Haus of Wrestling reported that WWE is also "super high" on former NWA women's champion Kamille.
"It was noted that she is high up on the company's radar and that they are in signing mode following the UFC and WWE merger. Higher-ups at TKO are said to feel the company is in 'acquisition mode' and is looking to land fresh talents that can make an impact," he wrote.
Kamille held the NWA title for 812 days, becoming the centerpiece of the promotion's women's division and one of its breakout stars. During her reign in NWA, she defeated the likes of Thunder Rosa, Taya Valkyrie, Melina Perez, Kiera Hogan and Taryn Terrell to preserve her title reign.
She has a great on-screen presence and an athletic background as a former softball player. It is no wonder that WWE would be intrigued at the prospects of bringing her on board and seeing if it can make a Superstar out of her.






.jpg)







