After completing the historic and ground-breaking television deal with FOX, UFC president Dana White couldn't be anymore optimistic regarding the company's future.
The company officially announced the deal earlier this week and are planning on making a huge impact on network television, including an upcoming UFC event scheduled for November 12.
Following the announcement, MMAWeekly spoke to White about the deal regarding the significance to him and the sport.
"We did everything right, we built this thing the right way, over the right amount of time, and waited for the exact deal that we wanted and we got exactly what we want," White said.
"What's great about these athletes that you know, and I know, and everybody watching knows, deserves to be on this platform, up there with NFL, MLB and the list goes on and on."
Finding a main event to headline the November show is without a doubt on the forefront of White's mind. And while rumors of a potential return of former UFC heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar immediately surfaced, White quickly shot down the idea.
"Brock's gonna get back in the gym in September. Start training again, cause he hasn't done anything since his surgery—training wise," he said.
"Brock will probably be back the first of the year."