NFLNBAMLBNHLWNBASoccerGolf
Featured Video
Mets Walk-Off Yankees 😯

Liverpool Rumour Mill in Overdrive, Part 7: Babel Deal Off, New Striker Target?

Karl MatchettJan 24, 2011

Welcome to part seven of the January transfer window watch, where we take a look at each player linked with a move to or from Liverpool FC.

Up to the 20th of January, Liverpool had already been linked with a mind-boggling 41 new signings, as well as selling nine players and bringing in nine new managers!

For the duration of this window, a complete list of players linked with Liverpool FC will be kept updated right here on Bleacher Report and come the end of the window, we will see just how accurate the media reports are!

TOP NEWS

Colts Jaguars Football
With Jayson Tatum sidelined, Celtics' fourth-quarter comeback falls short in Game 7 loss to 76ers

Latest Players linked with moves to/from Liverpool FC:

The Daily Express says the coming days are make-or-break for the deal to bring Luis Suarez to Anfield as Director of Football Strategy Damien Comolli travels to Holland for talks with the forward's current club Ajax.

Liverpool are suspected to have upped their initial bid to around 20€ million and a quick decision is expected from the Amsterdam club on whether to accept it or not, as they will need time to conclude a signing of their own to replace Suarez should he leave.

Young Middlesbrough winger Cameron Park is the latest addition to the ever-expanding list of names linked with a move to Liverpool, as the Daily Mirror reports that club scouts saw the left winger in action at the weekend, where he appeared as a late substitute.

The 18-year old made his debut for 'Boro last weekend against Bristol City.

imscouting.com have Liverpool tracking Real Madrid's French striker Karim Benzema; the forward netted his first league goal of the season on Sunday night against Mallorca and has been criticised in the Madrid-focussed Spanish press for not being clinical enough, despite not starting most matches as Gonzalo Higuain is picked ahead of him.

A loan deal with an option to buy at the end of the season is the mooted deal.

caughtoffside.com believes Liverpool are lining up Spain and Athletic Bilbao frontman Fernando Llorente should the proposed move for Luis Suarez not go through. While the differences between the two forwards are obvious and striking, making a switch from one to the other seem unlikely at best, the website claims Liverpool could make an offer for Llorente of a similar amount to that which they are prepared to pay for Suarez.

Charles N'Zogbia is at the centre of a price tug-of-war between the Reds and his club Wigan Athletic according to goal.com. The football website says that Liverpool are willing to only offer half of the Lancashire side's £15 million valuation of the former Newcastle winger.

Media outlet NESN also report that talks are ongoing between the clubs to come to an agreement and that agent Paul Stretford is involved in the talks to broker a deal.

skysports.com report any move for Keisuke Honda by the Anfield club could be in jeopardy as the Japanese playmaker favours a move to Spain's top flight ahead of the Premier League.

Atletico Madrid are said to be interested in the player who is currently participating at the Asian Cup.

The Telegraph run with the story of Liverpool's failed £4 million bid for Blackpool captain Charlie Adam and claim they will increase their initial bid to around £7 million. This could be enough to prise away the Scottish midfielder who is said to be desperate to clinch a move to the Merseyside club.

footylatest.com believes that Kenny Dalglish will make Paris-SG forward Guillaume Hoarau. The French forward would cost Liverpool in the region of £6 million.

insidefutbol.com has German outfit Wolfsburg ready to pay up to 9m€ for out-of-favour Reds attacker Milan Jovanovic. The Serbian flyer has started once under Dalglish, having previously played just 12 minutes of Premier League football under Hodgson between October and January, though an offer of that size for a player who arrived on a free transfer just six months ago could prove a tempting one as Liverpool look to bring in new players.

Reds Greek defender Soto Kyrgiakos may have a new compatriot at the club soon—and givemefootball.com believes that Liverpool may want Soto to help seal the deal.

Schalke defender Kyriakos Papadopoulos is reported to be wanted by Spurs, Arsenal and Liverpool having starred for the German side this season following his move from Olympiacos in the summer. The 18-year old could cost up to £6 million.

welshpremier.com website confirms that young Liverpool central midfielder Sean Highdale has signed on loan for Newtown until the end of the season. The combative midfielder had been on loan at Oldham Athletic this season as he continues to try to rebuild his career following the fatal car crash he was involved in back in 2008.

In the latest development of the Ryan Babel transfer, Kenny Dalglish just an hour ago confirmed that, as things stand, the Dutch attacker will be staying at the club.

Liverpool had accepted an offer for Babel, but he appears to favour a move to previous club Ajax as part of the deal to bring Luis Suarez to Liverpool. So for now at least, he is staying at Anfield.

Total players linked with moves to Liverpool: 46 (five new ones)

Total players linked to be sold: Nine

Total potential new managers: Nine (Kenny Dalglish appointed)

You can follow me on Twitter: @karlmatchett

Mets Walk-Off Yankees 😯

TOP NEWS

Colts Jaguars Football
With Jayson Tatum sidelined, Celtics' fourth-quarter comeback falls short in Game 7 loss to 76ers
DENVER NUGGETS VS GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS, NBA
Fox's "Special Forces" Red Carpet

TRENDING ON B/R