Here’s my Week 16 running back rankings.
1. Arian Foster at Denver
2. Rashard Mendenhall vs. Carolina (Thursday)
3. Darren McFadden vs. Indianapolis
4. Michael Turner vs. New Orleans (Monday)
5. Ray Rice at Cleveland
6. BenJarvus Green-Ellis at Buffalo
7. Jamaal Charles vs. Tennessee
8. Chris Johnson at Kansas City
9. LeGarrette Blount vs. Seattle
10. Adrian Peterson at Philadelphia
11. LeSean McCoy vs. Minnesota
12. Steven Jackson vs. San Francisco
13. Ryan Torain at Jacksonville
14. Felix Jones vs. Arizona (Saturday)
15. Mike Tolbert at Cincinnati
16. Rashard Jennings vs. Washington
17. Ahmad Bradshaw at Green Bay
18. Marshawn Lynch at Tampa Bay
19. Fred Jackson vs. New England
20. Peyton Hillis vs. Baltimore
21. Tim Hightower at Dallas (Saturday)
22. Matt Forte vs. New York Jets
23. Knowshon Moreno vs. Houston
24. Ronnie Brown vs. Detroit
25. Cedric Benson vs. San Diego
26. Jonathan Stewart at Pittsburgh (Thursday)
27. Donald Brown at Oakland
28. Tashard Choice vs. Arizona (Saturday)
29. Brandon Jacobs at Green Bay
30. LaDainian Tomlinson at Chicago
31. Michael Bush vs. Indianapolis
32. Danny Woodhead at Buffalo
33. Brian Westbrook at St. Louis
34. Pierre Thomas at Atlanta (Monday)
35. Maurice Morris at Miami
Inside the numbers
- Arian Foster let his owners down last week, but if you were able to survive, he’ll make up for it against Denver’s 31st-ranked run defense (158.4 yards allowed per game).
- I always seem to have Rashard Mendenhall ranked a little higher than everybody else, but he came through last week with 100 yards and a score. I’m very high on him against a Carolina team that’s allowed 17 rushing touchdowns and 126.2 yards per game.
- Michael Turner had 114 yards and a score the last time he faced New Orleans, and has an average of 87.8 yards in five career games against them with four touchdowns.
- BJGE is amazingly (and quietly) up to 12 touchdowns on the year. I’ve been a little slow giving him credit, but I love him against Buffalo’s league-worst run defense (158.6).
- I’m sure everybody on Baltimore’s defense knows who Peyton Hillis is this time around. That’s not a good thing for Mr. Hillis.
- I’m more worried about Knowshon Moreno’s injury (ribs) than the other backs.
- Ronnie Brown (39 yards, TD) didn’t exactly overwhelm against Buffalo last week, but he remains a borderline RB2 this week.
- ***UPDATE*** It looks like Joseph Addia will give it a go this week. I can't trust him yet, but it does knock Donald Brown down a few notches.
- ***Update*** It looks like Maurice Jones-Drew is out making Rashard Jennings a sneaky start.
Also check out
- Week 16 Get ‘em or Don’t Sweat ‘em Waiver Wire Advice
- Week 16 Fantasy QB Rankings
- Week 16 Fantasy WR Rankings
- Week 16 Fantasy TE Rankings
- Week 16 Fantasy K Rankings
- Week 16 Fantasy DEF Rankings
- Week 16 Fantasy IDP Rankings
- Week 16 Start/Sit Advice
- Week 16 Fantasy Sleepers