Yesterday we updated our fantasy football rankings for Week 4. Here are some notes regarding quarterbacks and pass defenses heading into this week:
- Broncos quarterback Kyle Orton was only 24 yards shy of 500 last week against the Colts. In his past four games (counting Week 17 last year), Orton has 1,509 passing yards.
- No team has allowed more fantasy points to opposing quarterbacks than the Houston Texans, which bodes well for Oakland's Bruce Gradkowski.
- In our Week 4 fantasy football contest, the quarterback is New England's Tom Brady. Brady has thrown more interceptions (16) against the Dolphins than against any other team in the NFL.
- Eagles quarterback Michael Vick is one of only three players to have thrown at least one touchdown (he has six) and no interceptions.
- Redskins quarterback Donovan McNabb returns to Lincoln Field for the most anticipated matchup of the weekend. On the season, McNabb has only two touchdowns in 102 pass attempts.
- Jets quarterback Mark Sanchez has thrown six touchdowns and no interceptions in his last two games.
- Looking as machine-like as ever, Colts quarterback Peyton Manning has thrown nine touchdowns and no interceptions through three games (126 pass attempts).
- Meanwhile, brother Eli Manning made me think for a moment that I could be an NFL quarterback with his horrendous pick.
Here are top 10 quarterbacks for Week 4:
1. Peyton Manning, Colts (at Jacksonville)
2. Aaron Rodgers, Packers (vs. Detroit)
3. Drew Brees, Saints (vs. Carolina)
4. Tom Brady, Patriots (at Miami)
5. Philip Rivers, Chargers (vs. Arizona)
6. Michael Vick, Eagles (vs. Washington)
7. Matt Schaub, Texans (at Oakland)
8. Kyle Orton, Broncos (at Tennessee)
9. Matt Ryan, Falcons (vs. San Francisco)
10. Jay Cutler, Bears (at NY Giants)
See our full top 25 quarterback rankings for Week 4.
Good luck in your Week 4 matchup(s) and in our Week 4 contest.