It has been two seasons since we faced the Bengals, our starting quarterback learned something very important that day:
Games can end in ties.
This time it will be much different. Yes, it is preseason but the Eagles hold a 4-1 preseason record against Cincinnati. However, the Bengals have already played two games and they look to improve their 1-1 preseason record.
This game should prove to be a test to our pass rush and corners. The Bengals have a pretty stiff offensive line. Last year the Bengals O-line was rated 9th overall, whereas the Eagles were rated 21st.
Although the Bengals had such a stellar Line, they were 26th in passing last year. They have remedied this by adding T.O. to their lineup. The Eagles' young secondary are going to have to face two of the most experienced (and dramatic) wide receivers in the league. The Chad "Ochocinco" Johnson and Terrell Owens tandem could easily play games with they youth in the Eagles backfield.
The Eagles pass-rushers have to come out pumped and charged and ready to sack to disrupt Palmer and his passing attack. But this cannot be the primary focus, The Bengals were also 9th in rushing last year as well.
If the Eagles can concentrate on shutting down the running game early like they did to Jacksonville they will have a better time concentrating on the pass game.
Things to Look for in this Game:
1. Look to see how the Eagles Corners cover against TO and Ochocinco.
2. See if the Eagles Pass rush can "get to" or put pressure on Carson Palmer.
3. Watch for the linebackers to plug gaps and stop the run.
4. See if Kevin Kolb makes good decisions when he is hurried.
5. See if LeSean McCoy can break away from the #7 Rush Defense from last year.
6. Last but not least... no more injuries.
See you on Friday!