Alex Rodriguez once again failed to hit home run No. 600 (he did hit one off the right field wall), but the Yankees won 8-0 in an easy game against the Indians anyway.
Here are some notes:
- AJ Burnett got the win, he is now 3-0 with a 2.00 ERA in July.
- Kei Igawa continues to disappoint, and everyone wants him out. And the Yankees would have had to take a luxury tax hit if they had traded him.
- Joel Sherman of the Post warns us that it might be a quiet July 31st trade deadline.
- Jon Heyman of SI backs that up with two not-so-exciting rumors. The Orioles aren’t interested in dealing Miguel Tejada to the Yankees after all. And the Yankees are still interested in Adam Dunn, but there have been no talks.
- Dustin Moseley will get the start tonight against the Indians in place of Andy Pettitte .
Sorry I don’t have more elaborate information regarding Kei Igawa. I’m actually interested in seeing how that works, do they really get a bigger tax hit if they trade him than if they hold on to him?
Also, I’m not excited to see Moseley start for the Yankees. At least it’s against the Indians. Too bad it wasn’t last night though. Hopefully they can score eight runs again.
- July 2, 2010 - Yankees Notes: Recap, Moseley, Oppenheimer, Montero, Burnett (0)
- July 28, 2010 - Yankees Trade Rumors: Orioles Willing to Deal Tejada (0)
- July 28, 2010 - Yankees Notes: Sabathia, Teixeira, Posada, AJ and Pie Safety, Cotham, and Adams (1)
- July 27, 2010 - Yankees Notes: Vazquez, Granderson, 8th Inning, Pettitte’s Replacement, Aceves (0)