It must be exhausting going to these luxurious resorts and enjoying the showers of attention from friends and foes alike. We don't know yet how often "we just want to compete" or "we just want to play up to our ability" will be repeated, but it is for certain that we will hear a lot more about each team's weaknesses than strengths. Perish forbid anyone might take the position of a favorite.
For those wanting to make a day trip to lasso your favorite coach in hopes of getting a comment, or those just wanting to know where the action is, we list the following dates and locations.
1) ACC, July 20-22, The Ritz Carlton Lodge in Greensboro, Ga. (Yes, Ga.)
2) C-USA, July 20, The Peabody Hotel in Memphis, Tennessee
3) Big 12, July 21-23, The Downtown Marriott in Kansas City, Missouri
4) Mountain West, July 21-22, Green Valley Ranch Resort in Las Vegas, Nevada
5) Sun Belt, July 21-22, The Hilton St. Charles in New Orleans, Louisiana
6) WAC, July 22-24, The Hilton Airport in Salt Lake City, Utah
7) SEC, July 23-25, The Wynfrey Hotel in Hoover, Alabama
8) Big 10, July 24-25, The Hyatt Regency in Chicago, Illinois
9) PAC 10, July 24, Los Angeles Airport Hilton in Los Angeles, California
10) Big East, July 28-29, Hotel Viking in Newport, Rhode island
11) MAC, July 28-29, Ford Field in Detroit, Michigan
I know what you're thinking—which is the best and which is the worst?
Well, for getting in and out, I guess it's hard to beat the PAC 10's one-day journey to the airport hotel. For a more relaxed group of coaches, you may find a couple of days around the sail boats, and yachts of Newport, Rhode Island may do wonders to open up the Big East guys a little. Now, the MAC meeting at a football field, I guess that's as plain as you can make it. Happy hunting!