In other words, Kazmir is hurt.
Here are some other things are that are guaranteed to happen:
- Nick Johnson will land on the DL at some point during the season
- Lost will throw in a new twist every week
- Gus Johnson’s head will explode on a game-winning shot
- The Pittsburgh Pirates will have a losing season
- You will find the best bagels in NYC
- The Enrico Palazzo scene in The Naked Gun will always make me laugh
No doubt that Kazmir is a great talent, but he is always hurt. He will be entering his seventh year now in the majors and he has only made 30 plus starts twice in his career.
With his declining strikeout rate and his propensity for getting injured, Kazmir is what he is these days–a solid No.2 or three starter on a good club. I no longer consider him a future ace in waiting. Those days are long gone.
Kazmir is hoping to make his next start on March 30th.
You can follow The Ghost of Moonlight Graham on Twitter @ theghostofmlg