Good morning and Happy St. Patrick’s Day BBD readers.
When I was just a bit younger I often worked in the service industries in various bars and restaurants where St. Patrick’s Day was just another work day. I didn’t celebrate or get drunk because it’s a busy day when I was relied upon.
Fortunately for me that wasn’t the case last year and I went out and had a blast celebrating alongside a good portion of NYC and I intend on doing so again this year.
With that in mind, this will be my only post on the blog today, but it’s okay because there really isn’t a whole lot going on today and maybe we’ll see some good posts from the other BBD writers as well.
Here are some stories to talk about though:
- It seems as if it is trendy to declare Phil Hughes the early leader
in the 5th starter race.
- Joe Pawlikowski of River Ave Blues knows better though.
- Apparently, at least according to Bill Madden and his unnamed probably made up source, the Yankees are monitoring the Joe Mauer situation and could swoop in and trade for him if things fall apart.
- You should check out an article by friend of the blog Eddie Perez wrote at TYU about the 1985 Yankee team and how good they were.
- Also, if you are looking for Yankee tickets early, they accidentally revealed the Staten Island Season Ticket Holder code (thanks to NYY Stadium Insider for pointing that out).
My favorite story of the group is definitely Perez’s story about the 1985 team. Even though I was quite young at the time, those Yankees made a huge impression on me.
The offense was lead by my favorite Don Mattingly with the help of Hall of Famers Dave Winfield and Rickey Henderson . Ron Guidry was also still on top of his game as he won 22.
It is truly an underrated Yankees team. If the Yankees were a team without so much history, like say the Mets, that team would still be revered today instead of being an afterthought.
- March 16, 2010 -- The Yankees Tried to Trade for Denard Span (0)
- March 13, 2010 -- Developing Young Pitching Difficult For Yankees (3)
- March 11, 2010 -- The Possibility of Mauer in Pinstripes (10)
- March 11, 2010 -- Spring Training Stats Don’t Matter: Example A, Phil Hughes (3)