Here is some quick stuff to mention before the Yankees start playing their first game.
- Remember the old joke about Joe DiMaggio wanting part ownership of the club? That joke has sort of come to life as Kevin Kernan of the NY Post wants the Yankees to make Derek Jeter an owner .
- A miscalculation has forced the Yankees to return $15,023 out of their World Series shares . Sucks to be Francisco Cervelli this week.
- Alex Rodriguez has to speak with federal investigators about some doctor . He’s not the only one and the Yankees aren’t saying anything about it .
Thoughts : Jeter has said in the past that he’d like to be owner, but even he knows that the Yankees are out of his price range.
People seem to be jumping all over Kevin Kernan, but I’ve had similar thoughts. Although I’ve though more along the lines of a 15-year $150-$200 million contract where he would be moved into the front office after 4-5 years. Something like that, I’m not sure it’s possible though.
As far as the other stuff, like I said, it sucks to be Cervelli because those are the type of guys that $15,000 is really going to hurt. It probably doesn’t make a tiny bit of a difference to guy like Jeter, A-Rod, and Teixeira. Maybe the older guys can help the younger guys out here.
And I don’t know about you, but I’m tired of hearing about steroids, especially when the Yankees are only indirectly involved.
- March 2, 2010 -- Some Yankee 60-Yard Dash Times (0)
- February 28, 2010 -- 10 Problems the 2010 Yankees Could Face (2)
- December 14, 2009 -- You Call Yourself a Yankees Fan? Answer Me This… (7)
- November 1, 2009 -- A-Rod and Swisher Turning Their World Series Around (0)