A few things floating around my mind as I sit at my parents place, safely back in Michigan:
- The Dusty Ryan era is over in Detroit. The Tigers shipped the defensively-challenged catcher to the San Diego Padres for a player to be named later and/or cash considerations.
- The Yankees got richer. The defending champs picked up Javier Vazquez in a trade with the Atlanta Braves for Melky Cabrera and Mike Dunn (a guy they wouldn’t give to Detroit in the Granderson deal). This trade is strange and could really go either way. Vazquez was a Cy Young quality pitcher last season. He’s clearly got great stuff. However, he spent one season with the Yankees a few years back and had an ERA close to 5.00. I like this deal for the Yankees.
- On his way out the door, Ian of Bless You Boys says goodbye to Curtis Granderson.
- This post is a bit old, but it’s good. Rogo is counting down his favorite 25 Tigers. Check out Dmitri Young, who I always enjoyed.
- Eye of the Tigers has some info on the Dusty Ryan deal if you’re into that sort of thing.
- Lee Panas of Tiger Tales shows us the greatest Tigers third baseman of all-time.
- Finally, I’m not sure how much I’ll be posting over the holiday season. The recent lull was to do my flight being canceled in Newark on Saturday and having to piece together a “Planes, Trains, and Automobiles” type trip back to Michigan. I nearly fully recovered and will post when possible. Enjoy your holiday season.