Andy Lyons/Getty Images
(Can you count to 200 wins? Tom Crean can now.)
That was rather important, I think. To the thoughts!
- Verdell Jones might be the most complete offensive player IU has right now. That doesn't mean he's the best, but his experience gets him a little edge over Maurice Creek and Christian Watford.
- Final totals: IU 34 free throws, 10 turnovers; Pitt 17 free throws, 15 turnovers. That's where this game was won.
- I'm growing less and less convinced that Tom Pritchard will regain his productivity down low. He lacks instincts around the rim as to when to put the ball up strong and when to go with touch.
- Indiana was only outrebounded by four, despite Pitt looking the better rebounding team. That's minimizing weaknesses.
- Another point in that respect, IU went just 1-of-7 from behind the arc and still won by 10.
- Still can't help but be impressed by Jobe's useful minutes. There was little that was useful about the big man on game nights last year.
- This has to qualify as Tom Crean's biggest win at IU.