Zamboni Catches on Fire, Captured on Video at Youth Hockey Practice in New York

Adam Wells@adamwells1985Featured ColumnistOctober 15, 2020

FILE - In this April 4, 2017, file photo, fans an under-17 World Championship Division II Group A hockey game game between Croatia and Estonia at Kwandong Hockey Center in Gangneung, South Korea. Olympic hockey played on wider international-sized ice changes everything about the style of play and is much different than the NHL. The United States and Canada in the past have needed to adjust to the bigger rinks, though most players going to South Korea are currently playing on it. (AP Photo/Ahn Young-joon, File)
Ahn Young-joon/Associated Press

A youth hockey practice in New York turned into a scary situation on Wednesday night when a Zamboni caught fire on the ice. 

A spectator at the ice rink captured video of the incident:

Per Rochester's local ABC affiliate WHAM 13, the fire was caused when a hose on the Zamboni broke and caused fluid to leak on the motor. 

RochesterFirst.com reported the fire was put out before the fire department arrived at the facility and no injuries were reported. 

The incident occurred at Bill Gray's Regional Iceplex in Rochester, New York. The facility has been open since 1998 and has hosted semi-professional hockey teams and roller derby leagues.