Per Beaton and Lombardo, the news comes "amid a growing fight" inside the team. In addition, Beaton and Lombardo reported that Snyder "has no intentions" to sell and has made a "recent legal filing" that implies a minority partner "has attempted to leak defamatory information against him."
The report comes amid an offseason in which more than a dozen women who worked for the team told Will Hobson and Liz Clarke of the Washington Post that they were sexually harassed and subject to verbal abuse by team employees.
Washington also changed its nickname, a racial slur against Indigenous people, after significant public pressure from the team's sponsors, including stadium namesake FedEx.
Clarke, Mark Maske and Les Carpenter of the Washington Post reported in July that minority owners were looking to sell their stakes in the team.
The Washington Football Team has three minority owners: Black Diamond Capital CEO Robert Rothman, NVR Inc. chairman Dwight Schar and Frederick W. Smith, the chairman, president and CEO of FedEx.
They combine to own 40 percent of the team, with the other 60 percent controlled by Snyder, his mother and sister.
The team has struggled on the field since the end of its run from 1982-1991, which saw Washington win three Super Bowls.
Washington hasn't won more than 10 games in a single season since then and has made the playoffs just six times in 28 seasons. It's coming off a 3-13 season and last-place finish in the NFC East.