NFLNBAMLBNHLWNBASoccerGolf
Featured Video
🚨 Mitchell Headed to 1st Conference Finals
BROOKLYN, NEW YORK - APRIL 06:   UFC president Dana White addresses media during the UFC press conference inside Barclays Center on April 6, 2018 in Brooklyn, New York. (Photo by Jeff Bottari/Zuffa LLC/Zuffa LLC via Getty Images)
BROOKLYN, NEW YORK - APRIL 06: UFC president Dana White addresses media during the UFC press conference inside Barclays Center on April 6, 2018 in Brooklyn, New York. (Photo by Jeff Bottari/Zuffa LLC/Zuffa LLC via Getty Images)Jeff Bottari/Zuffa LLC/Getty Images

Dana White: UFC Will Pay Fighters Who Lost Bout After Conor McGregor Attack

Scott PolacekApr 6, 2018

The UFC 223 fight card is in total disarray after the Conor McGregor incident during Thursday's media event, but UFC President Dana White said those who are no longer fighting will be paid.

According to Ariel Helwani of MMAFighting.com, White said those who lost their opportunity to fight because of the fracas will still be paid their show money, though he said "we're not that rich" when asked if they would receive a win payment as well.

TOP NEWS

UFC 319: Du Plessis vs. Chimaev
Colts Jaguars Football

Brett Okamoto noted the fights between Michael Chiesa and Anthony Pettis and Ray Borg and Brandon Moreno were cancelled due to injuries Chiesa and Borg suffered during the McGregor incident.

What's more, Dan Gartland of Sports Illustrated noted Artem Lobov was removed from his fight against Alex Caceres because of his role in the attack.

McGregor—who has not fought in the UFC since Nov. 2016—stole headlines from the UFC 223 fights scheduled for Saturday at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York, by showing up at media day and throwing objects at a bus with his entourage. The bus was carrying fellow UFC fighters who were set to fight Saturday.

According to ESPN.com, McGregor was charged with three counts of misdemeanor assault and one count of felony criminal mischief and was released on $50,000 bail Friday. His next court date is scheduled for June 14.

Helwani pointed out McGregor can still fly back home to Ireland as part of his bail package.

Helwani cited sources who said McGregor's group was looking for "retaliation" because Khabib Nurmagomedov confronted Lobov earlier in the week.

🚨 Mitchell Headed to 1st Conference Finals

TOP NEWS

UFC 319: Du Plessis vs. Chimaev
Colts Jaguars Football
With Jayson Tatum sidelined, Celtics' fourth-quarter comeback falls short in Game 7 loss to 76ers
DENVER NUGGETS VS GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS, NBA

TRENDING ON B/R