
Adrien Broner Sued for Sexual Battery After Being Accused of Groping Woman
Boxer Adrien Broner is being sued for sexual battery.
TMZ Sports reported the news, noting Kaila Crews said Broner groped her and "swiped his hand across [her] private parts" when she was walking in a Georgia mall.
Her lawsuit explained that "at no point had Plaintiff given [Broner] permission to touch any part of her body."
According to the TMZ story, Crews said she suffered emotional distress stemming from the incident.
This comes as Broner (33-3, 24 KOs) prepares for his April 21 bout against Jessie Vargas (28-2, 10 KOs), scheduled to take place at Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York. Broner is looking to bounce back from a loss to Mikey Garcia.
TMZ Sports reported in February that Broner was arrested on misdemeanor sexual battery in regards to this incident and noted investigators are still looking into the criminal case.
This is far from the only legal issue Broner has experienced outside the ring, as Brian Campbell of CBS Sports detailed.
Campbell noted the boxer was previously arrested after he was pulled over in a rented SUV with eight bullet holes in it, sentenced to three days in jail for contempt of court, was caught on video punching someone in Las Vegas and missed the 2008 Olympics because he was sentenced to 14 months in jail.


.jpg)






