
Liverpool Transfer News: Latest Rumours on Thomas Lemar and Jan Oblak
Liverpool's interest in Thomas Lemar is said to have waned after Monaco raised their asking price to £90 million, while reported target Jan Oblak has said he has not held talks with Atletico Madrid over a new contract.
Lemar is Liverpool's top target to replace the departed Philippe Coutinho, and the Reds value him at £60 million. However, Monaco have informed clubs they want £90 million for the Frenchman, per Jonathan Northcroft at the Sunday Times.
Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp does not want to overspend and could now wait until the summer before reinvesting some of the £142 million received from the sale of Coutinho.
TOP NEWS

Madrid Fines Players $590K 😲

'Mbappé Out' Petition Gaining Steam 😳

Star-Studded World Cup Ad 🤩
Monaco manager Leonardo Jardim has hinted the club could sell Lemar this winter if they receive an acceptable offer, per Goal's Robin Bairner:
His latest comments are a change in stance from earlier in the transfer window when he said the club did not usually sell key players in January, per football writer Dave O'Connell:
Lemar has not been as impressive this season for Monaco and has managed just two goals and four assists in 14 Ligue 1 outings. His drop in form may well be one reason why Liverpool are unwilling to spend so big this winter. The 22-year-old would also be ineligible to play in the UEFA Champions League for the Reds this season, having already featured in the tournament for Monaco.
With Mohamed Salah, Sadio Mane and Roberto Firmino as well as Adam Lallana and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Liverpool are not short of attacking options and seem to be willing to wait for the right player to become available at the right price.
Meanwhile, goalkeeper Oblak remains a target for Liverpool and has said he has not discussed a contract extension with Diego Simeone's side.

Per Calciomercato.com, he said: "I have a contract until 2021, but we have not talked about that yet. First you have to concentrate on the field. What happens, it will happen, but it does not depend on me."
Liverpool have issues with their goalkeeping situation as Klopp has used both Loris Karius and Simon Mignolet this season.
Football writer Tom Williams is not impressed with either goalkeeper:
Opta show how Oblak is leading the way in La Liga:
However, the Atletico goalkeeper could prove to be an expensive option, as explained by Anfield HQ:
A goalkeeper does appear to be a priority for Liverpool, and Oblak is one of the world's best. However, he would not come cheap, and it also remains to be seen if he can be tempted away from Atletico.



.jpg)







