NFLNBANHLMLBWNBARoland-GarrosSoccer
Featured Video
Pep's Legacy Another Level 😤
GELSENKIRCHEN, GERMANY - APRIL 23: Naby Deco Keita of Leipzig gestures during the Bundesliga match between FC Schalke 04 and RB Leipzig at Veltins-Arena on April 23, 2017 in Gelsenkirchen, Germany. (Photo by TF-Images/Getty Images)
GELSENKIRCHEN, GERMANY - APRIL 23: Naby Deco Keita of Leipzig gestures during the Bundesliga match between FC Schalke 04 and RB Leipzig at Veltins-Arena on April 23, 2017 in Gelsenkirchen, Germany. (Photo by TF-Images/Getty Images)TF-Images/Getty Images

Liverpool Transfer News: RB Leipzig Coach Quashes Naby Keita Rumours

Gianni VerschuerenJul 29, 2017

RB Leipzig coach Ralph Hasenhuttl has said there is no chance Naby Keita leaves the club for Liverpool during the summer in response to persistent rumours linking the Guinea international with the Reds.

On Friday, Dominic King of the Daily Mail reported Liverpool have given up on landing the midfielder, the latest twist in a transfer saga that has been ongoing for weeks.

GELSENKIRCHEN, GERMANY - APRIL 23: Daniel Caligiuri of Schalke and Naby Deco Keita of Leipzig battle for the ball during the Bundesliga match between FC Schalke 04 and RB Leipzig at Veltins-Arena on April 23, 2017 in Gelsenkirchen, Germany. (Photo by TF-I

TOP NEWS

Chelsea v Manchester City - Emirates FA Cup Final

Grading Top Coach Decisions 💭

United States v Portugal - International Friendly

Predicting USMNT Roster 🔮

Albania v England - FIFA World Cup 2026 Qualifier

Sick England Squad Vid 🎶

Per TalkSport, Hasenhuttl was asked about the latest development, and he used the opportunity to emphasise Leipzig do not wish to part with their star. When asked about the rumour, he said:

"That is good.

"The chance (of Keita leaving) is 'null'. It's 100 per cent clear that Naby will play this year in Leipzig.

"At the beginning of the transfer period we said we would start with the same team, and of the players we had last year no-one will go.

"That would be our answer now also. For us, everyone can see how important Naby Keita is for our game. It's 100 per cent sure that he will be with RB Leipzig in the Champions League. They will finish their transfer activities and that is okay for me."

He also refused to talk about Keita's contract status, in reponse to yet another rumour. As shared by Sky Sports' Kaveh Solhekol, it is assumed there's some kind of release clause in the player's contract that will kick in next summer, although these reports are unconfirmed:

Hasenhuttl refused to confirm the existence of the clause and warned the Reds they "will not be the only one" club interested in bringing Keita in next summer.

The 22-year-old was one of the Bundesliga's top breakout performers last season, playing a pivotal role in Leipzig's impressive debut campaign. The team finished in second place, qualifying for the UEFA Champions League in the process.

RB's project is an ambitious one, based on the development and retention of talent. In order to continue their success, they can't afford to lose stars like Keita until they are at peak value. The Guinean has been with the club since 2016 but has been a part of the system of clubs longer, as he previously played for Red Bull Salzburg.

Here's a look at some of his highlights from last season:

As things stand, Keita seems likely to stay in Germany for now, but this transfer saga has already seen its fair share of twists and turns―with so much time left in the window, anything could happen.

Pep's Legacy Another Level 😤

TOP NEWS

Chelsea v Manchester City - Emirates FA Cup Final

Grading Top Coach Decisions 💭

United States v Portugal - International Friendly

Predicting USMNT Roster 🔮

Albania v England - FIFA World Cup 2026 Qualifier

Sick England Squad Vid 🎶

BRAZIL-COLOMBIA-MUSIC

Messi Stars in Shakira Vid 🤩

Saints Bills Football

NFL star fakes injury at Savannah Bananas game

Johnny Manziel wins MMA debut
Bleacher Report6h

Johnny Manziel wins MMA debut

TRENDING ON B/R