
Antonio Conte Says Alvaro Morata Is Chelsea's 1st Choice, Dismisses Diego Costa
Chelsea manager Antonio Conte has revealed Alvaro Morata will be the Blues' first-choice striker next season and said Diego Costa is not in his plans.
Speaking ahead of a pre-season friendly against Arsenal in China on Saturday, Conte assessed the state of the transfer market and stated Morata is the right man for the Blues, per Andy Ha of Football.London:
"For sure this transfer market is a crazy market, but it is not only for this season but for the future seasons. Now there is crazy money, if you want to buy a normal player you need to spend €40-50 million.
"It is the same. [Romelu] Lukaku cost a lot of money, the same with [Alexandre] Lacazette. For a right back you spend €50-60 million. It is very important the choice. Morata for sure is our first choice. He is a good player, the right prospect for Chelsea and hopes to show his value with us.
"I don't to like to talk about players that don't stay here. Generally the Costa situation for him was clear for him and his agent, for me the situation is closed."
Chelsea were heavily linked with former player Lukaku earlier in the summer before his move from Everton to Manchester United, per Dominic Fifield in the Guardian.
Morata is consequently set to become the Blues' biggest signing of the summer and the most expensive Spanish player ever, per the Telegraph:
Spain international Costa was key to Chelsea's Premier League title triumph last term, netting 20 goals, per WhoScored.com.
But Sky Sports' Andrew Dickson noted he could be set for a big-money move to China or a return to Atletico Madrid.
And Conte has all but confirmed Morata's arrival will precipitate Costa's departure from Stamford Bridge after three seasons with the west London club.




.jpg)


.png)





.jpg)