Six countries that have banded together to boycott Qatar have reportedly written to FIFA to demand the 2022 World Cup be moved from the country.
Per Reuters' Mitch Phillips, the six Arab nations—United Arab Emirates, Yemen, Egypt, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia and Mauritania—that severed relations with Qatar last month want it removed as host of the World Cup, deeming it a "base of terrorism."
Phillips noted FIFA President Gianni Infantino told Swiss website The Local about the contents of the letter.
"The countries warned FIFA of the risks threatening fan and player security in a country that is 'the base and the castle of terrorism,'" Infantino said, acknowledging the six nations have threatened to boycott the World Cup if their demand isn't met.
The 2022 World Cup is scheduled for Nov. 21 through Dec. 18. Qatar was awarded hosting rights for the event in 2010.