
Allen Artis Reinstated by UNC After Sexual Assault Charges Dropped
North Carolina linebacker Allen Artis was reinstated by the school Thursday after sexual assault charges against him were dropped last week.
“After conversations with Coach [Larry] Fedora and Allen, we have reinstated Allen to our football program effective immediately,” athletic director Bubba Cunningham announced in a statement, per Greg Barnes of Scout.com.
Artis, a senior, was arrested in September on misdemeanor sexual battery and assault charges. The police report said Artis had sex with a woman when she was "mentally incapacitated and physically helpless" last February.
Prosecutors dropped the charges June 29, saying "the matter has been resolved to the satisfaction of the parties." Artis denied all wrongdoing and said the sex was consensual.
“We can ‘if’ this whole thing to death,” said Stephen Lindsay, one of Artis' attorneys, per Ray Gronberg of the Herald Sun. “He’s very thankful it’s all over with, and ready to move forward. And I think everybody is. This has been incredibly hard for all of the parties that have been involved in this.”
The university suspended Artis pending the result of the case in September. He has recorded 20 tackles in 14 career games, beginning as a defensive back before moving to linebacker.





.jpg)



.png)


.jpg)

