
Liverpool Transfer News: Virgil van Dijk Rumours, Daniel Sturridge Latest
Liverpool will reportedly join the race to sign Southampton's star centre-back Virgil van Dijk this summer, with manager Jurgen Klopp said to be keen to strengthen his defensive options.
According to Dominic King of the Daily Mail, the German coach is a big admirer of the Saints star, who shone in the Premier League this term before his recent injury layoff. Manchester City, Chelsea and Everton are also all said to be ready to make their move for the Netherlands international.
"Liverpool are prepared to spend heavier than they have ever done before to get their manager the additions he wants," continued King.
TOP NEWS

Madrid Fines Players $590K 😲

'Mbappé Out' Petition Gaining Steam 😳

Star-Studded World Cup Ad 🤩
The defensive side of the team is an area the Reds need to improve, with slack work at the back often undoing their brilliant attacking. Leanne Prescott of Anfield HQ believes Van Dijk would fit the bill for Liverpool:
The nature of the Reds' attacking play not only means Liverpool need an improvement in defence, but a particular type of centre-back.
Often Klopp's side have been picked off on the break by sharp attackers who have isolated centre-backs. Liverpool require a defender who is quick, adept in one-on-one battles and aggressive. And when he was in the Southampton side earlier on in the season that's what Van Dijk showcased at Saints.

Additionally, the Dutchman is a colossus in the air and a tremendous distributor. It's not a massive surprise to see so many of the Premier League's biggest clubs interested in him.
For Liverpool, he'd make a massive difference and could be a fine partner for either Joel Matip or Dejan Lovren. However, given the calibre of clubs that are said to be looking to sign the 25-year-old, luring him to Anfield is unlikely to be straightforward.
Daniel Sturridge Latest

Klopp has refused to offer Liverpool forward Daniel Sturridge any guarantees over his future at the football club after a testing campaign for the England international.
The Reds boss was asked about the striker at his press conference on Thursday and declined to answer any direct questions regarding Sturridge's future. Although he did admit some plans for the summer window are underway, per David Maddock of the Daily Mirror.
"It was not an easy season so far, but there are still six games to go, and he is back," said Klopp. "I'm happy about this. But I don't think a second with the actual squad about the next season. We plan different things, like transfers, as you can imagine. But who will leave we have never thought about it."

Although he's only made five starts in the Premier League this season, Joel Rabinowitz of The Anfield Wrap believes Sturridge still may have something to offer this term:
However, it's clear that Klopp's favoured XI does not include the 27-year-old, who has seen another campaign disrupted by injury woes.
Yet even when Sturridge was fit earlier in the season, he wasn't involved on a regular basis. The perpetual motion provided by a front three of Sadio Mane, Roberto Firmino and Philippe Coutinho appealed the Klopp; it was a system the striker never looked attuned to.
Having a player of his class in the squad can be an asset, and given the injuries Liverpool have, perhaps Sturridge can still have a say between now and the end of the campaign. Nevertheless, it feels as though the club and the player will have big decisions to make this summer.



.jpg)







