
Manchester United Transfer News: Marcos Rojo Rumours, Latest Red Devils Talk
Manchester United have told defender Marcos Rojo he will not be sold this summer despite speculation about his future at Old Trafford.
That’s according to Liam Canning of Yahoo Sports, who suggested that, despite two offers for the Argentina international, he’s set to remain part of Jose Mourinho’s squad for the upcoming campaign, even though he has not yet featured in the Premier League under his new manager.
The signing of Eric Bailly has brought more depth to the centre-back position at Old Trafford, while Luke Shaw has recovered from injury and is in superb form at left-back. It means Rojo faces a major fight to make it into the United team on a regular basis.
TOP NEWS

Madrid Fines Players $590K 😲

'Mbappé Out' Petition Gaining Steam 😳

Star-Studded World Cup Ad 🤩

Signed by former United manager Louis van Gaal, Rojo enjoyed an impressive start to life at the club before injury problems and a consequent lack of form set him back. Now, he’s on the periphery of the starting XI, and while he can feature in a couple of different positions, he looks unlikely to force his way into the team any time soon.
Joe.co.uk’s Nooruddean Choudry isn’t the biggest fan of the former Sporting Lisbon man:
Mourinho will want cover for these vital positions, especially at left-back given Shaw’s recent injury issues. With the Red Devils participating in the notoriously demanding UEFA Europa League this season, Rojo will surely get a chance to show what he can do too, with the Portuguese likely to rotate his squad for some of those clashes.
For Rojo, a bit-part role is far from ideal. He faces a challenge to impress the new manager and salvage his United career.
Jose Fonte and Fabinho Deals Targeted

According to Duncan Castles of the Daily Record, Manchester United are still looking to add to their defensive options before Wednesday’s transfer deadline, with AS Monaco full-back Fabinho and Southampton’s Jose Fonte targets.
“The Portuguese wants to add quality and height in both positions,” Castles suggested. Fonte is said to want Southampton to “honour a gentleman's agreement” that would allow him to leave Saints should an elite club come calling.
L’Equipe (h/t Kaveh Solhekol of Sky Sports News) also noted United possess an interest in Fabinho, suggesting just how highly the Ligue 1 side value the versatile Brazilian:
Of the two players mentioned, Fabinho would certainly be the most exciting addition. He operates in both midfield and at full-back, boasting composure on the ball, defensive awareness and athleticism.

For United, the right-back slot is an area of minor concern. Antonio Valencia has performed well in the role this campaign, although the Ecuadorian has previously been shown up defensively against savvy attacking sides.
Fabinho is a lot more robust in his duties at the back. As these numbers from OptaJean show, he’s good for a goal too:
The merits of landing Fonte would be obvious for United. While he wouldn’t compare to the glamour captures of Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Paul Pogba, the Southampton man is a leader, brings a physical presence to the back four and is proven in the Premier League. He may not be a regular starter, but he'd be a handy deputy.
Mourinho will be content with the squad he’s assembled to this point and pleased to see his team secure three wins from three in the Premier League. Landing one or both of the aforementioned duo would add the gloss to a fine start to life at Old Trafford for the illustrious coach.



.jpg)







