NFLNBANHLMLBWNBARoland-GarrosSoccer
Featured Video
Mbappé's Rollercoaster Season 🎢
Brazil's player Gabriel Barbosa kicks the ball during the Rio 2016 Olympic Games Men's First Round Group A football match against Iraq, at the Mane Garrincha Stadium in Brasilia on August 7, 2016. / AFP / EVARISTO SA        (Photo credit should read EVARISTO SA/AFP/Getty Images)
Brazil's player Gabriel Barbosa kicks the ball during the Rio 2016 Olympic Games Men's First Round Group A football match against Iraq, at the Mane Garrincha Stadium in Brasilia on August 7, 2016. / AFP / EVARISTO SA (Photo credit should read EVARISTO SA/AFP/Getty Images)EVARISTO SA/Getty Images

Manchester United Transfer News: Latest Gabriel Barbosa, Andreas Pereira Rumours

Gianni VerschuerenAug 16, 2016

The transfer saga surrounding reported Manchester United target Gabriel Barbosa has taken another twist, as the youngster reportedly has reservations about joining Inter Milan, the favourites for his signature. Meanwhile, United are said to be working on a loan deal for starlet Andreas Pereira.

The future of Barbosa, also known as Gabigol, has become a hotly debated topic in the last few weeks, and according to the Sun's Graeme Bryce, United are set to make a £30 million move to beat the likes of Inter, Juventus and Leicester City to his signature.

Gabriel of Brazil celebrates his goal against Denmark during the Rio 2016 Olympic Games mens first round Group A football match Brazil vs Denmark, at the Arena Fonte Nova Stadium in Salvador, Brazil on August 10, 2016 / AFP / NELSON ALMEIDA        (Photo

TOP NEWS

Real Madrid CF v Girona FC - LaLiga EA Sports
Real Betis V Real Madrid - Laliga Ea Sports

Bayern Munich, Chelsea and Atletico Madrid have also been linked with the Brazil international, but so far, the two Serie A giants were thought to be leading the way for Gabigol―they're the only two clubs that have officially made an offer at this time, per ESPN FC's Ben Gladwell.

But according to UOL (h/t Brazilian football expert Paulo Freitas), Inter's bid to land the 19-year-old has taken a major blow after a conversation between Gabigol and compatriot and current Inter player Miranda:

Miranda joined the Nerazzurri from Atletico last year, but his first season in the Italian fashion capital was hardly a success, as Inter continued their slide. Manager Roberto Mancini departed the club during the summer, continuing the turmoil the club has been in since the departure of former boss Jose Mourinho.

With top clubs like Juventus, Bayern and United also in the mix, it's easy to see why Gabigol would favour a move to any of those giants, as opposed to the uncertainty plaguing the Nerazzurri right now.

The teenager is seen as one of the top attacking talents in all of football and has been a rousing success for Santos ever since he made his senior debut. Here's a look at some of his highlights:

The links with the Red Devils are relatively recent, and as of right now, Juventus and Inter are still favoured over the Mancunians to land his signature.

As reported by Brazilian football expert Lucas Sposito of Sport Witness, there has been no mention of the Red Devils in the local press, and the details of his release clause cast some doubts on United's proposed offer as well:

"

Second, because the Brazilian press have said nothing about it. The local papers were those which broke the news about Juventus, Chelsea, Inter and Leicester City’s interest, but haven’t said a word about Manchester United.

Third, because they say United agreed to pay Santos £26m and another £4m to his agent. It doesn’t matter how much Gabigol’s new club will pay, Santos will only get €18m due to the release clause.

"

With Zlatan Ibrahimovic set as United's starting striker and Marcus Rashford also looking for minutes, a move to Old Trafford would not be beneficial to Gabigol's development at this stage of his career. The Brazilian could simply stay with Santos and move whenever he's ready, but for now, don't expect him to join Ibrahimovic and Paul Pogba in Manchester this summer.

Manchester United's Belgian midfielder Andreas Pereira (R) celebrates with Manchester United's Ivorian midfielder Eric Bailly (2R) and Manchester United's Spanish midfielder Juan Mata (2L) after scoring during the pre-season friendly football match betwee

Elsewhere, Rob Dawson of the Manchester Evening News reported Mourinho has told Pereira he's not in his plans for the coming season, and the club hopes to seal a loan deal similar to Adnan Januzaj's move to Sunderland for the Brazilian.

Januzaj and Pereira have reportedly both been told they still have a long-term future at the club, but the latter's representatives are looking at a permanent transfer after his “demotion.” United want to loan him to a British club, with Middlesbrough mentioned as a candidate.

Liam Canning of the Daily Mirror listed some other possibilities:

Pereira is still just 20 years old, and his long-term potential remains tantalising, but with limited minutes up for grabs this season, a move seems inevitable. United want to avoid a scenario similar to that of Pogba, who moved to Juventus with his path to the first team blocked and cost the team a world-record fee earlier this summer.

Per the report, Pereira's contract runs until 2018, giving the club some leverage in negotiations.

Mbappé's Rollercoaster Season 🎢

TOP NEWS

Real Madrid CF v Girona FC - LaLiga EA Sports
Real Betis V Real Madrid - Laliga Ea Sports
United States v Japan - International Friendly
FIFA World Cup 2026 Venues - New York New Jersey Stadium

TRENDING ON B/R