
Chelsea Transfer News: Felipe Anderson Targets Move, Latest Blues Rumours
Agents for Lazio winger Felipe Anderson have reportedly been discussing a potential switch to Chelsea, with the Serie A side said to be keen on moving the player on.
According to La Gazzetta dello Sport (h/t Football Italia), after the winger linked up with agent Giuliano Bertolucci, he’s edged closer to a move to Stamford Bridge.
As noted by Sky Sports, it’s stated in the report the Blues are interested in signing the player and that his decision not to link up with his club for pre-season training is due to his intention to leave.
TOP NEWS

Madrid Fines Players $590K 😲

'Mbappé Out' Petition Gaining Steam 😳

Star-Studded World Cup Ad 🤩
Gazzetta World (h/t ESPN FC) reported Lazio are ready to listen to offers for the Brazilian.
Per Football Italia, the winger was previously linked with a move to Manchester United. Lazio said they turned down a whopping €50 million United bid for the winger last summer.
Here is a look at what he can offer at full tilt:
The 2014-15 season was a major breakthrough year for the Brazilian. In a Lazio side that surged into the UEFA Champions League places, he was the driving force, adding guile and penetration from his spot on the left flank.
Anderson propelled his reputation with plenty of dazzling displays and was considered among the best young talents in the game. However, as noted by Bleacher Report’s Gianni Verschueren, the 23-year-old didn’t have the best of campaigns in 2015-16:
A fresh start under a new manager may be what the player needs—especially if he were to link up with a coach such as Antonio Conte, who would demand greater consistency and work ethic from Anderson to complement his evident natural talent. Working under the Italian every day would only benefit the winger’s development.
Chelsea aren’t desperate for options on the flanks, with Eden Hazard, Willian, Pedro and potentially Juan Cuadrado to call upon next season, too. With that in mind, it’s tough to see the Blues parting with the kind of money Lazio would likely demand for their prized asset.
Latest on Axel Witsel

According to Neil Moxley of the Sunday People (h/t the Sunday Mirror) Chelsea are leading Everton and Liverpool in the race to sign Zenit Saint Petersburg midfielder Axel Witsel.
It’s stated talks between the player and the Merseyside clubs have “stalled” as of late, potentially clearing the way for Chelsea. However, according to a source close to Witsel who spoke to R Sport (h/t Sport Witness), it’s Everton that are closest to agreeing a deal for the Belgium international.
The Zenit man has impressed since joining from Benfica in 2012, offering a powerful presence in the middle of the park. Here is a look at some of his best moments for the Russian club:
For Chelsea, he’d be a sensible signing. At times in 2015-16, they were a little flyaway in the middle of the pitch, with Nemanja Matic and Cesc Fabregas both a long way short of the impeccable standards they set in the previous campaign.
Witsel would beef up their central midfield. As these numbers from OptaPaolo show, at the UEFA European Championship, he did a crucial defensive job for Belgium:
While it’d be a fine transfer for the Blues, potential moves involving the player have been complicated in the past. Per Het Laatste Nieuws’ Kristof Terreur, Witsel previously “agreed” switches to both AC Milan and Juventus before the deals were scuppered, so Chelsea will need to be wary.
Should the move get over the line, Conte would have a player who looks ideal for the Premier League. After four years in the Russian top flight, the 27-year-old will likely feel as though it’s an ideal time for a new challenge, too.



.jpg)







