UFC Fight Night 89 is now in the books.
Stephen Thompson won for the seventh straight time, outmatching Rory MacDonald over the course of their five-round fight. The victory presumably puts Thompson in line for the winner of Robbie Lawler and Tyron Woodley.
In the evening’s co-main event, Donald Cerrone dominated Patrick Cote, stopping him in the third round with punches. The win marks Cerrone’s second at 170 pounds.
Check out the quick results below for a synopsis of Fight Night 89:
Fight Night 89 Main Card
- Stephen Thompson def. Rory MacDonald, unanimous decision (50-45, 50-45, 48-47)
- Donald Cerrone def. Patrick Cote, TKO (Round 3, 2:35)
- Steve Bosse def. Sean O’Connell, unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-27)
- Olivier Aubin-Mercier def. Thibault Gouti, submission (Round 3, 2:28)
- Joanne Calderwood def. Valerie Letourneau, TKO (Round 3, 2:51)
Prelims on Fox Sports 2
- Jason Saggo def. Leandro Silva, split-decision (28-29, 29-28, 29-28)
- Misha Cirkunov def. Ion Cutelaba, submission (Round 3, 1:22)
- Krzysztof Jotko def. Tamdan McCrory, knockout (Round 1, 0:59)
- Joe Soto def. Chris Beal, submission (Round 3, 3:39)
Prelims on UFC Fight Pass
- Elias Theodorou def. Sam Alvey, unanimous decision (29-28, 30-37, 30-27)
- Randa Markos def. Jocelyn Jones-Lybarger, unanimous decision (30-27, 29-28, 29-28)
- Colby Covington def. Jonathan Meunier, submission (Round 3, 4:06)
- Ali Bagautinov def. Geane Herrera, unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
For a more thorough account, scroll down to read Bleacher Report's live play-by-play coverage of the entire event.