In a series of Instagram posts May 17, Harrison expressed his displeasure, saying the league didn't allow him to record the random procedure after testers showed up at his home and that Ryan Willis, who serves as the director of NFL performance-enhancing drug-testing at the National Center for Drug Free Sport, wouldn't talk on camera.
The 38-year-old also said he was told trying to record the test would result in him getting slapped with a positive result:
In a follow-up post, Harrison clarified that he didn't want to stir up any trouble: "Since I heard they fired the last guy who let me record the test, I didn't record it. I'm not trying to get anyone fired who's just doing their job."
Finally, Harrison relayed an update after speaking with NFL Players Association Executive Director DeMaurice Smith and noted he had been put in contact with a "drug-policy attorney":
On Friday, Harrison posted his response from the NFLPA:
On Wednesday, Ray Fittipaldo of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette spoke to NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy, who confirmed there are rules against posting videos of league drug tests.
On May 2, Harrison confirmed he would return to the Steelers for another season. As a result, the league was within its rights to subject Harrison to a random drug test.
But with the situation still unfolding, this likely isn't the last time we'll hear from the outspoken linebacker on the matter.